Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Silver Cross 3D vs a Bugaboo Cameleon

(10 Posts)
ReeceM Sun 07-Sep-08 14:27:15

It's a minefield! I've narrowed it down to a Silver Cross 3D vs a Bugaboo Cameleon. Grandparents buying so cost not strictly an issue but planning on trip to Australia when baby will be 4 months old. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!

cargirl Sun 07-Sep-08 14:33:32

Bugaboo much better quality and easier to push.

jellybeans Sun 07-Sep-08 14:35:19

Only thing with 3d is that it only (i think) faces forward in the pramette mode. After that it is just basically a very expensive pushchair.

cargirl Sun 07-Sep-08 14:43:30

With the Cam you can buy one of their travel cases which would very much protect it on the aeroplane or if you can take a car seat on the plane use it with the chassis around the airport?

nicolamumof3 Sun 07-Sep-08 17:25:35

Bug definitely, especially if you aren't paying grin

JanieK Sun 07-Sep-08 22:10:01

3d pram faces you but when turned into a pushchair faces outwards. The 3d is great for around town etc but it's not built for all-terrain like I think the the bug is. Don't suppose you'd like to buy a lovely well-loved second hand 3d? wink

ThisTooWillPass Sun 07-Sep-08 22:15:23

Message withdrawn

JanieK Sun 07-Sep-08 22:33:08

3d pram faces you but when turned into a pushchair faces outwards. The 3d is great for around town etc but it's not built for all-terrain like I think the the bug is. Don't suppose you'd like to buy a lovely well-loved second hand 3d? wink

JanieK Sun 07-Sep-08 22:35:10

Stupid laptop blush somehow posted my message again with a time delay - sorry ladies!

babyOcho Mon 08-Sep-08 06:00:43

Bugaboo is ace (actually dont know anything about the silver cross).

The travel bag is really good and protects it really well when travelling.

we bought a few accessories - the sun canopy and sun protector thing is brilliant, it keeps the baby totally covered from the sun and allows a breeze in the pram/chair. might be worthwhile for when you go to Australia (assuming that it will be summer).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now