Talk

Advanced search

Car seat in a bump help

(6 Posts)
carrielou2007 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:32:09

I understand you must replace a childs car seat if you have an accident in a car, would I need one for this or is a bump ok?

Just had an Asda delivery man tap on my door as he reversed into my car, took the bumper/sensors off, lights ok as it's a 4 x 4 so high up, but boot and side very caved in. It is a big car so obs no where near the car seat but should I still get a new car seat?

If Asda will pay great but if I need one I will still buy one, it's a maxi cosi tobi, or am I being too precious??? Thought he was going to cry, I did but held off until he had gone (couldn't help it!)

crokky Sun 07-Sep-08 13:35:54

Personally, I'd replace it.

carrielou2007 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:42:49

Well that is my thought, for the sake of the cost of the carseat I think it is worth it. I'm sure Asda will pay for that too but don't want to hang around so think will just buy a new one and charge it to them.

misdee Sun 07-Sep-08 14:09:24

you can charge it to their insurence company. list it in with your claim

SoupDragon Sun 07-Sep-08 14:11:53

I'd probably replace it as you don't know how hard he hit it. Having said that, he was reversing so was presumably fairly slow and as there was no child in it, any strain on the seat would have been minimal.

nicolamumof3 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:41:49

for peace of mind i would replace as well. inform them that this will be included in your claim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now