Talk

Advanced search

Single bed with storage but not a cabin bed, any ideas?

(5 Posts)
Fizzylemonade Sun 07-Sep-08 09:03:04

I have seen this from Great Little Trading and I love it but it is totally the wrong colour and way too expensive!

I wanted a wooden bed with a headboard with built in storage, I don't really want drawers that just go underneath any bed, but I also don't want handles on the drawers as my 2 year old will use them to climb into bed and knacker them.

I am hoping to get oak colour.

Maybe I am asking too much grin

busymum1 Sun 07-Sep-08 17:16:56

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6637446/c_1/1%7Ccat_10197552%7CBeds%7C10197645/Trail/searc htext>SINGLE+BEDS.htm

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/6672645.htm

Fizzylemonade Sun 07-Sep-08 18:57:01

Thanks busy Mum, I am trying to avoid the cabin bed because he needs a headboard. The bed won't go directly against a wall so there is a gap and he is only just 2 so I don't want it too high off the floor.

He slept on a mattress when we stayed at a friend's house and he fell out of bed several times! At home he has a cotbed in the bed mode and a bed guard.

The other bed is pine and I don't like pine but thank you for looking.

Anyone other suggestions?

busymum1 Sun 07-Sep-08 21:08:28

www.bedworld.net/beds_mattresses/AIRJUNBED--/Airsprung_Beds_Junior_Kids_Bed.html

Fizzylemonade Tue 09-Sep-08 19:17:14

Busymum1 that is fab but it is a junior bed. He has a new duvet set from Next that matches the rest of the room so I definitely need a full 3 foot single.

I can't seem to find anything, even in bed shops. I think I will end up getting a divan with storage but then get a crappy headboard.

I wanted a wooden bed so that ds2 could lean against the headboard to "read" his bedtime story as the headboards you attach to divan beds seem flimsy and you can't really lean against them.

You are truly a star though. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now