Talk

Advanced search

Car seat for 2.6 year old?

(6 Posts)
alicet Sun 07-Sep-08 08:52:41

Can anyone recommend a good car seat for my 2.6 year old ds? Ds2 is now needing to move out of his baby seat and if possible we would like to buy one for ds1 that will last him right through. On the one hand we don't want to compromise on safety but at the same time we would prefer not to have to buy another expensive seat for 1-4years unless we have no choice.

Any help / advice gratefully received!

LIZS Sun 07-Sep-08 16:57:25

Depends how heavy ds1 is now. Britax Evolva 123 is a Stage 1 (9 to 18kg) with harness and goes from 15kg to 36kg once harness is removed as a highback booster.

Fizzylemonade Sun 07-Sep-08 19:02:52

We have Britax Evolva 123, ds2 is 2 1/4 so it is the baby mode with the harness.

It is fab but I will say that if your little one likes to recline this will only do it if you REMOVE the car seat to flip the wedge underneath, so you can't decide that you want to recline them if they are already asleep as you will have to remove them and the car seat to do it.

Ds2 has never liked the recline.

alicet Sun 07-Sep-08 19:43:36

Been to mothercare today and they recommended the Britax Evolva 123 too. Only prob is we have a Zafira which are very hard to get seats to fit. This one doesn't - boo!

Seems that ds2 will fit in his baby seat a little longer though so hopefully ds1 will put on the 3lbs he needs and also grow a little taller so that he will fit into the bigger seats by the time ds2 needs his!

If not then we will probably just have to fork out for more of the stage 2 ones....

crokky Sun 07-Sep-08 19:46:31

recaro do a combination seat like the britax 123 - I have it as the britax wouldn't fit my car

www.johnlewis.com/230468027/Product.aspx

gigglewitch Sun 07-Sep-08 19:52:56

we have this <bargain> as DD pulled a chunk off her Britax Eclipse (trip to A&E,another story) and we needed one [cheap] in a big hurry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now