Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a Wii game for small children?

(17 Posts)
Sazisi Sun 07-Sep-08 01:01:37

We've only got Sports, but I want to get one or two that DD2 can play (she's 3)
I'm thinking Happyfeet or BeeMovie or Cranium Kabooki or Cosmic Family, but really have no idea what's good and what's crap,so would love some suggestions please grin

Califrau Sun 07-Sep-08 01:19:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Sun 07-Sep-08 01:19:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Purplepillow Sun 07-Sep-08 01:31:45

Wii play is good as the games teach you how to use the controller in different ways so good for little ones and you get an extra controller with it grin

ThingOne Sun 07-Sep-08 03:10:57

My two year old likes Mario Kart. His sole aim is to drive off the edge or land in the sea. He loves it. I'm not quite sure that's how nintendo thought it would be used wink.

SlapAndTickle Sun 07-Sep-08 03:17:57

dont ya think 3 is a little young to be playing ????

Clayhead Sun 07-Sep-08 07:48:56

My dc like Wii Play too.

So does my dad but at 63 he is maybe a little old to be playing smile

busymummy77 Sun 07-Sep-08 10:13:32

We have Cosmic Family and my ds is 4. It's probably the only game he doesn't get frustrated with as is easy for him to control and understand.

ThingOne Sun 07-Sep-08 13:14:54

Computers - in the form of easy games such as paint packages - are part of the early years curriculum these days Spa and Tickle. Children need to be as familiar with computers as they are with books. But I still set strict limits on time for computer games whereas the only limit on reading is the patience of the reader ;).

Pixiefish Sun 07-Sep-08 13:16:27

interested in this thread as we have got dd (4 1/2) one for Christmas and am lookintg for games atm for her

RubberDuck Sun 07-Sep-08 13:38:49

Mario Party - it's basically a giant board game with mini games included. Ds2 loves this (he's 4 now, but we've had it since he was 3).

Boom Blox is awesome but he does need a lot of help with it, which isn't ideal.

Seona1973 Sun 07-Sep-08 14:40:51

My almost 2 year old ds has a go at Mario Party 8 along with his almost 5 year old sister. We have to help with the mini-games obviously!!

AbbaFan Sun 07-Sep-08 14:44:12

Don't buy that Kabooki game - it's totally rubbish. Some of the interactive bits don't even work on it.

Other games mentioned are good and Mario & Sonic @ the Olympics also.

mumlove Sun 07-Sep-08 19:21:43

We have carnival and my 3yr old neice is better at some of it than me!

Sazisi Wed 10-Sep-08 15:35:56

Thanks for all the suggestions

I got Wii Play, and DD2 is able to do quite a lot it; still looking for Cosmic Family (I've now looked in 3 shops), I'll get Mario Kart if I can't find it.

Slap and Tickle, I think it would be awful if my 3yr old was playing computer games to the exclusion of all else, but that's not the case; she spends most of her time drawing/pretending to be a frog/jumping in puddles etcetera.

TheMadHouse Wed 10-Sep-08 15:39:52

We have Mario party and DS1 loves it, Mario Kart and Diago (which he has finnished), cosmic family. He is 3.5 and I was really unsure about getting a wii, but it is a real family console and we strickly restrict his time on it, infact it is mainly only weekends.

sazm Thu 11-Sep-08 10:40:01

sorry to jump in, themadhouse but im considering getting diego for my 4yo,can you tell me is it quite easy to control?it looked great but on the advert it looked like you need quite good control of the buttons to do it??
thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now