Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for a newborn and 2.8 year old plz.

(11 Posts)
whatawally Sat 06-Sep-08 17:56:52

Am only 9 weeks + 3 days so still very early. But I have been thinking about how the practicalities of getting around with a 2.8 year old and a newborn.

Am I likely to need a double buggy, we do walk a lot and dd3 may still be having naps at this stage?

Other then that it's a sling and a buggy. I already have a maclaren for transporting dd3, but not sure I would feel entirely comfortable putting a newborn in it.

I also have a baby hawk mai tei but have not used this from newborn either.

I had a buggy board for a short time when dd3 was born as dd2 was 2.11 years at the time. But didn't really like using it.

So what have you opted for? Or would you go for considering the age gap.

Thanx for your advice.

lulalullabye Sat 06-Sep-08 18:00:39

Phil and teds !

popsycal Sat 06-Sep-08 18:01:38

i had this age gap
ds2 in buggy abnd ds1 walking, sometimes with reins on

whatawally Sat 06-Sep-08 18:02:04

Oh yes- I love the look of them, just not quite sure if my budget will stretch. Could save my pennies, but could I justify spending that much when it might not be used that much?

whatawally Sat 06-Sep-08 18:03:33

popsycal, Was your ds1 out of naps by then? Did he ever get tired? Forgot to mention that our town is one big hill, so don't know if she would struggle with that.

popsycal Sat 06-Sep-08 18:04:38

ds1 had naps til he just turned 4!
but admittedly i used the car alot

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 06-Sep-08 18:04:48

Agree with P&T have the same age gap with DD and DS and it is brilliant

lulalullabye Sat 06-Sep-08 18:06:49

Try ebay. There is not much difference between E3 and Sport version, and they sell quite reasonably. They are so hardy that a good wash and brush up will sort them out. Also if there are any cheap because they have rips in the fabric etc, it is worth contacting Phil and Teds before you bid as someone I spoke to got hers damaged by an airline and they replaces the fabric for free !

whatawally Sat 06-Sep-08 18:14:33

Thanx, will have a look around and price them up.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 06-Sep-08 18:23:20

I have 2.7 yr old and due in 3 weeks. Dd doesn't use a buggy and hasn't for months, so she walks and baby will have a single buggy. Otherwise I'd sling the baby and leave the older one in the buggy.

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Sep-08 18:33:44

I have just bought a p&t my two youngest are 2.8yrs and 14m. so I lasted 14m before i gave in and bought a p&t, if you get a double this has to be the best. However at 2.8yrs im not sure how much longer my son will need the doubles seat, he walks quite well, in 6months i can see the doubles being practically redundant. It really depends on your child my 2.8yr old hardly naps now and is very independent likes to walk etc. I think this is the best double though for siblings of different ages and i've had a few.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now