Talk

Advanced search

Need a new microwave - recommendations please!

(7 Posts)
MissisBoot Sat 06-Sep-08 17:46:22

Mine has exploded so am looking for a new one.

I'm tempted to get one that is also a grill but am not sure exactly how much I'll use it so would be interested to know whether those of you that have a microwave with a grill actually use it!

Thanks

blithedance Sat 06-Sep-08 19:43:00

I don't use the grill but not sure why. The grill on my cooker isn't very good after all. Fear of the unknown I think.

MissisBoot Sun 07-Sep-08 09:54:39

bump

MaryBS Sun 07-Sep-08 10:00:35

I don't use the grill, I find the normal grill more convenient.

I DO use my microwave as a conventional oven though, for when I need an extra oven.

Furball Sun 07-Sep-08 10:06:00

I had one with a grill and IMHO it was a pig to clean. I now have a microwave for microwaving and a foreman grill(no spitting everywhere!) for grilling.

Personally I would buy one with a stainless steel inside as a) it's easier to clean and b) I've had a couple that have had the paint peel off under the turning plate which makes it look scabby and everytime you wipe it you wipe off more flakes of paint.

MissisBoot Sun 07-Sep-08 14:45:05

Ok - I think I probably won't go for one with a grill - I'd probably only use it a few times and then just use teh normal one on the oven.

bumbling Tue 09-Sep-08 16:10:31

Not a recommendation exactly, but I've got one that does seconds, right down to one second. When I use ones with a dial thingy it drives me mad, specially for defrosting things that I don't want to overcook or melting butter or similar. Theprecision is well worth paying a little extra for if you can I reckon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now