Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another trousers question....

(11 Posts)
FanjolinaJolly Fri 05-Sep-08 21:21:20

DD has SN and wears splints and tends to crawl rather than walk around the house despite being nearly 3 (She uses a frame at times).Consequently we go through a LOT of trousers as they wear through at the knees from her crawling around.In the last week she has gone through 3 pairs at the knees,including a tough cordouroy(sp?)pair.It is getting expensive.Any ideas for where I can get very hardwearing trousers.She has even gone through denim jeans

Help!!!

cupsoftea Fri 05-Sep-08 21:22:32

Could you make some trouser patches from tent fabric or such like?

FanjolinaJolly Fri 05-Sep-08 21:31:47

Cupsoftea,I am blardy crap at anything remotely needleworky/sewing related blush

Its an idea,though.

Either that or I will have to scour Charity shops or something!!

cupsoftea Fri 05-Sep-08 21:33:32

Just thinking a tough fabric where you need it - I'm awful at sewing so rich of me to suggest this!!

FanjolinaJolly Fri 05-Sep-08 21:44:25

At least you answered my plea!!!

Anybody else?

cupsoftea Sat 06-Sep-08 20:38:32

bump

cupsoftea Sat 06-Sep-08 20:53:04

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 20:55:10

you may be able to get some iron on patches to reinforce the knees, if you can't sew.

Fizzylemonade Sun 07-Sep-08 08:49:47

I've got iron on patches from a haberdashery shop. They do fabric ones and those trusty old leather ones like your geography teacher used to wear on his elbows. grin

As they are iron on patches they are easy to put on and the leather ones would probably be best for your wee one.

Cost a few quid.

FanjolinaJolly Mon 08-Sep-08 19:47:13

Thanks for replies ladies.

hoxtonchick Mon 08-Sep-08 19:48:08

h&m do cords with (heart shaped) knee patches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now