Talk

Advanced search

Britax Duo Plus Isofix - please tell me about pros and cons

(5 Posts)
FeelingLucky Fri 05-Sep-08 19:28:15

We have a non-isofix car but hope to be updating soon-ish so have gone for this model as can be used with seatbelt.
We tend to drive long-ish hours during DD's sleep times so wonder how comfortable it would be for her? Especially interested in reclining features and whether if we can bring car seat easily into house if DD is still sleeping when journey has ended.
And, we like to take car seat with us on hols to install in hire car and wondered if this car seat would be too heavy to lug on eurostar/plane?

TIA smile

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 19:46:36

We have this but in an Isofix car.

Pros:
1. easy to install in an Isofix setting (haven't tried in non-Isofix car).
2. Seems sturdy and non-wobbly when in place.
3. One of the lighter isofix seats (although still pretty heavy - wouldn't fancy lugging it about myself).

Cons:
1. Ds1 can (and does) wiggle out of the straps, even when they are as tight as tight can be, but he is a little Houdini.
2. PITA to clean when covered in vomit, but maybe all are the same.
3. Don't think it does recline, but happy to be corrected on that.

Happy with ours. Going to buy the same again for ds2 when he moves from a baby seat.

FourArms Fri 05-Sep-08 20:13:43

My Isofix seats (second stage - 9m-4y) do recline, and both DS's have slept comfortably in them. I wouldn't move the seat with a sleeping child in it - it would be very heavy and awkward. This seat is particularly heavy, but I probably wouldn't do this with any second stage seat. Instead, I tend to transfer to a stroller to move a sleeping child.

Most airlines don't weigh seats as part of your baggage, but I wouldn't check mine into the hold personally (would worry about invisible damage). It would be a faff to carry on though as it is particularly heavy (in relation to non-Isofix seats).

Agree with MM re pro's - even seems sturdy when you've forgotten to use the seatbelt to strap it in and have just used the isofix points. (DH angry).

My DS2 can also escape the straps. But perhaps he could do this with any seat. hmm. Agree that it is hard to clean, but with time I've got used to the way it all disassembles (we've had two, so I've had plenty of experience cleaning them).

We bought one for DS2 as DS1 was still in his when DS2 needed one, and although he was ready for a booster I preferred to keep him in the car seat up to the upper weight limit. Check the deals around. We got our second one cheaply from Kiddicare, and sold the 1st one for more than the new price of the second one on Ebay.

Check when you buy your new car that the Isofix points are easily compatible with the seat. Certain models of car are easier than others. We had to have our seats cut to use the Isofix points (Renault Laguna Sports Tourer). I've loved the easy transferability between our car, friends cars, relatives cars... Would definitely buy one again.

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 14:34:17

Thanks.
Anymore for anymore?

Bronze Sat 06-Sep-08 14:48:04

Fourarms
You know the point of isofix is that you dont need to use the seatbelt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now