Talk

Advanced search

Carseats from 9 months?

(8 Posts)
ChocolateHobnob Fri 05-Sep-08 19:13:40

Hi

DD is nearly 10 months and am looking to switch her out of her 0+ carseat. Does anyone have a recommendation for a forward facing carseat suitable from 9 months? wont need to be moved in and out of the car very often but we do have a small car (Peugeot 206). Obviously we will try some out in our car before we buy but I'd be happy to know if there are any to avoid/look out for, or what features I should be looking for - prices seem to vary wildly. Thanks!

threetinytots Fri 05-Sep-08 21:22:33

Has she actually grown out of her 0+ car seat? I mean in weight and height? As you can use infant carriers up until they are 13kg, or until their head reaches the very top of the carrier. It is far safer for them to be rear facing for as long as possible.

WriggleJiggle Fri 05-Sep-08 21:25:15

I've been thinking about this as well. I've no idea what dd weighs at all, but her head is no where near the top. Do all 1st stage seats go up to 13kgs? THat sounds very heavy to me?

threetinytots Fri 05-Sep-08 21:29:42

I thought it sounded quite heavy too - considering my 5yo ds is only 15kg, but just checked the maxi cosi cabriofix and it is up to 13kgs here

Pixiepants Fri 05-Sep-08 21:43:59

Whilst you're doing your research can I recommend you take a look at this website. I found it when I was looking for the next seat for my DD and was glad to find out some more facts before I made my choice. HTH

threetinytots Fri 05-Sep-08 21:48:57

Thanks pixie, I couldn't remember the site! Made me rethink about putting dd2 in a forward facing seat.

ChocolateHobnob Sat 06-Sep-08 06:27:18

Thanks for this, I didn't know. No she hasnt outgrown the seat in weight or height (indeed she isn't yet 20 pounds - nearly though, and I was forward planning!), it was more that everyone I know has moved their babies to the other seat and I know she'd like facing forwards. However that isn't relevant if it isn't safe!

D1974 Sat 20-Sep-08 23:49:16

Hi
I'd ask anyone looking for this size seat to first look at www.rearfacing.co.uk before making a choice, rearfacing seats are 5 times safer for your children than forward facing ones. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now