Talk

Advanced search

Trousers for a very, very thin 2yo

(58 Posts)
MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:18:55

I'm really struggling to find any trousers that ds1 (2.4) can wear and which will stay up. At the moment he's living in shorts, but they're not ideal for winter.

Have tried, and ruled out, M&S, JoJoMamanBebe, and John Lewis. Their sizes 12-18 months are too small, but 18-24 months are too big and fall down (even with the waistband adjusted).

Does anyone else make unusually narrow waisted trousers?

onceinalifetime Fri 05-Sep-08 14:20:17

H&M do skinny jeans and cords - they're quite a narrow fit.

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:24:35

Don't have one of those near us, unfortunately, although I could make a trip if need be.

Online is better if possible

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:24:37

Don't have one of those near us, unfortunately, although I could make a trip if need be.

Online is better if possible

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:25:14

sorry ds2 'helping' blush

LittleMyDancing Fri 05-Sep-08 14:42:52

have you tried a belt? not being facetious, but Ds is a slim boy and also has cloth nappies most of the time, which means when he's in disposables none of his trousers stay up! we have a belt which makes all the difference.

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:44:43

I can't find a belt small enough!

LittleMyDancing Fri 05-Sep-08 14:46:27

our one came free with a pair of trousers from Tesco and it's one of those with a double semi circular ring at the end, so you thread the other end through the ring and back again and pull to the right size - no holes or anything like that.

it means it fits any size at all, even Ds' teddy who is often wearing it when Ds isn't...

ajm200 Fri 05-Sep-08 14:50:59

I have a tall skinny DS too. Tesco trousers tend to be long and narrow so I find that they are quite good for him, last a while and are cheap so good for round the house/garden.

Pumpkin patch trousers have the elastic and buttons that you find on maternity trousers to adjust the waist. They are expensive though and not very hard wearing if you have a busy, active child. We tend to buy a couple of pairs for best.

Next do trousers with belts from 6-9 months so you might be able to find a belt there.

Weeteeny Fri 05-Sep-08 14:52:22

Next do trousers, denims etc with adjustable waist. There is an elastic band in the waistthat can be pulled in and buttoned a good bit tighter. I buy them for my skinny malinky DS (age 3)

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 14:56:53

I'll try Next. We have one of those in nearby town.

No Tesco nearby.

crokky Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:02

baby gap trousers often have a piece of elastic inside jeans/cords to adjust the waist. I have the same prob - DS is 2.5 and can easily wear 12-18m trousers, but they stop just after his knees! V tall & skinny - have never met a child in rl as tall or as skinny! M&S and JL no good for trousers for him.

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:33

Whaddya mean - no Tesco nearby? There are loads round here!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 05-Sep-08 15:00:52

Message withdrawn

RubySlippers Fri 05-Sep-08 15:10:12

I agree re Next - nice and skinny fit for boys trousers

have you tried Petit bateau

DS has a couple of tops and they are on the small size so imagine the trousers may be as well?

ajm200 Fri 05-Sep-08 15:10:46

No Tesco, so there is a part of the country that they don't monopolise.. there is hope for us all

MadameCastafiore Fri 05-Sep-08 15:11:57

Gap have terribly small waists intheir trousers - DS have lots that fit him but he looks like an old git with his tummy sticking over the top and they mostly have adjustable waists - or try dungarees - Gap ones are lovely and the waist isn't an issue then - that is what we had to do with DD when she was small as she had the physical attributes of a pipe cleaner!

sumomum Fri 05-Sep-08 15:26:13

My DS is exactly the same. The only shop which sells trousers that actually fit him well is NEXT. Look out for the ones with elasticated waist bands.

sumomum Fri 05-Sep-08 15:26:41

My DS is exactly the same. The only shop which sells trousers that actually fit him well is NEXT. Look out for the ones with elasticated waist bands.

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 05-Sep-08 15:28:54

Sorry to disappoint you ajm, but MM is having a moment of madness re Tesco. She has plenty of them to choose from.

Neeerly3 Fri 05-Sep-08 15:29:48

defo next and tesco with adjustable waists - I have a nearly 4yo in 2 - 3 trousers.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 05-Sep-08 15:50:00

Vertbaudet are quite slim fitting.

MuffinMclay Fri 05-Sep-08 16:05:26

Really, CSWS? I haven't spotted any.blush Seem to recall one off the A1(M) at a push, but I'd rather poke my eyes out with sticks than visit that car park (bad experience years ago). Also not that near for me (30 mins plus each way).

Gap no good. He has some 18-24 month Gap ones that I'm waiting for him to grow into (Christmas gift last year). Even on the tightest setting they fall down.

MrsDougRoss Fri 05-Sep-08 16:09:03

I got DS some from Gap and Mothercare. He is 3 and small so i have had a struggle. There are some jeans in mothercare that have a good elasticated waist. I have noticed that the baby clothes seem to have more elasticated waists some of the older ones just have belts. Not a problem for me as DS still in size 18 -24

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 05-Sep-08 16:32:27

Yes there's one on A1M (with v good soft play round the corner fwiw), but also one in S'age, both of which sell clothes. And the one that does home delivery round here, although I never go to it, is B'dock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now