Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby sling I can secretly bf in whilst out and about.

(11 Posts)
MinkyBorage Thu 04-Sep-08 21:23:07

worried about never being able to leave the house if can't bf dc3 on the go so to speak. Those very long pieces of fabric wrapped around and around always look like they do the job but they look a lot of trouble to do up. Any ideas??

FrannyandZooey Thu 04-Sep-08 21:24:26

ring sling is best for discreet bf but takes practice to do while actually walking around - is that what you meant? or just to bf without people noticing in a cafe, etc?

MinkyBorage Thu 04-Sep-08 21:28:52

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant, I made a ring sling for dd2 but I 'm not sure it would work walking around, I wore it over my shoulder diagonally across my body, with dd2 lying horizontally across my waist, I guess I'd need to tighten it, but wouldn't it still eave one side exposed..... is this how you wore it? hmmm, think I may pull it out and have a try with a doll or something.

FrannyandZooey Thu 04-Sep-08 21:36:54

it is possible - definitely have a practice
I had a huggababy and it has plenty of fabric so you can pull some up to hide virtually everything

I have been employing a big silky scarf with ds2 and just covering over his entire head and my breast, while we get the hang o feeding discreetly
I foun d a semi sheer one so that he can still see out through it, but you can't see in IYKWIM!

MinkyBorage Thu 04-Sep-08 21:46:34

OMG, it only seems like 5 mins ago you announced you were pg! I've been trying to stay away from mn so not up to date with news. Great thanks for info. I'll have a look at the huggababy one, it's probably far better than mine, and the scarf over the top is a good idea too. Cheers, hope you're getting some sleep!

stretchmarkqueen Thu 04-Sep-08 21:49:32

i have this one

I can feed in secret with it.

hth

MuddlingThru Thu 04-Sep-08 22:24:38

I use a huggababy combined with a muslin tucked into my bra strap. Huggababy takes most of the baby's weight, still needs some support from one hand to keep ds head in place (he is 3 weeks so I guess in time he might be able to do this himself). Muslin draped from bra strap means I don't expose myself to the rest of the world.

FrannyandZooey Fri 05-Sep-08 08:40:38

yes huggababy is one I use
looks similar to babasling except can't see how that one adjusts - is it velcro?

cmotdibbler Fri 05-Sep-08 08:44:06

I had a ring sling, and could easily walk around feeding him with nothing on show - you just tighten it so their head is level with nork, and bring the back material down and front up to allow access and cover. I would then chuck the tail of the sling over the top if I wanted extra coverage.

MinkyBorage Fri 05-Sep-08 12:50:37

Thanks all, that's great.

foxytocin Sat 06-Sep-08 18:05:27

kangroo care and bfing in a wrap. this with a stretchy wrap if you have never wrapped before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now