Talk

Advanced search

Good non-toxic toddler paints?

(9 Posts)
alittleteapot Thu 04-Sep-08 20:16:17

...for a dd who still puts things in her mouth but is scribbling on the walls so needs a creative outlet!

I can only find things for 3+.

Overmydeadbody Thu 04-Sep-08 20:19:16

just because they say 3+ doesn't mean they are toxic though.

I'm pretty sure all paint marketted for children is non toxic.

alittleteapot Thu 04-Sep-08 20:40:28

True - she has loads of other stuff that's 3+ - I just feel a bit more cautious about a substance as it were...

Overmydeadbody Thu 04-Sep-08 20:57:02

it will be non-toxic though. If it's safe for a 3 yr old to ingest it's safe for a 2 yr old to ingest.

alittleteapot Thu 04-Sep-08 21:03:42

Yes, true. ok i'll just get those then. or use ketchup...

Smithagain Thu 04-Sep-08 21:06:45

They'll all say 3+ because they have small lids which will count as "small parts".

If it's any consolation, my kids have ingested quite a bit of poster paint over the years and not come to any harm! The Early Learning Centre is as good a place as any. Do buy a painting apron while you're there, though!

alittleteapot Thu 04-Sep-08 21:10:29

I suppose if she's survived cat litter, she'll survive paint... blush

chipmunkswhereareyou Thu 04-Sep-08 23:05:05

I mis-read the title as non-toxic toddler PANTS - now that wouldn't be possible as toddler pants are almost always toxic once they've been worn at least!

Sazisi Sun 07-Sep-08 00:53:50

DD3 has eaten tons of elc finger paint. She's fine (ish..)

<<I'm fruitlessly trawling through 'products' to see if anyone has a thread on wii games for smallies; I'm going to have to go start one myself>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now