Talk

Advanced search

Are Sigg bottles worth the money? Will they last for years and years and NOT LEAK? Or can anyone recommend any other ones?

(10 Posts)
sinkingfast Thu 04-Sep-08 19:14:31

Am fed up of leaking plastic bottles and have been told that reusing mineral water bottles is a bad idea because of chemicals leaching into the water. Was recommended Sigg bottles but nearly fainted at the price! Are they worth it? Or is there a cheaper (non-plastic and non-leaking) alternative?

TIA!

FabioFlangeCat Thu 04-Sep-08 19:19:08

Go Sigg.
They are not 'lost' proof though.
So not for the disorganised child.

verylapsedrunner Thu 04-Sep-08 19:25:09

Yes they are great, but as FFC said they could get lost just as easily.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 04-Sep-08 19:25:57

Message withdrawn

pickie Thu 04-Sep-08 19:31:47

Sigg every time, they are great!

FabioFlangeCat Thu 04-Sep-08 19:32:37

Bottles of Froot shoot water you buy in shops come with a sports cap - they last a good few uses before they go leaky, and I bet it's bolleauz about chemicals leaching back in - they just want you to buy more.

sinkingfast Thu 04-Sep-08 19:49:08

Hmm do you? Maybe I need to look into it a bit more before I shell out £12 on a farking water bottle which as you say, will be lost after 2 days hmm

Have been using (and reusing) the Buxton ones which are a perfect size.

jimbotri Thu 04-Sep-08 19:55:10

They are great , I have used them , my ds has had a one for a couple of years , The paint on the outside does get a bit chipped , but the bottle still works great. does not leave any aftertaste like some of the plastic bottles do

verylapsedrunner Sun 07-Sep-08 14:25:51

DS has had one for 4 years and we haven't lost it yet (but it doesn't go to school).

saltcod Sun 07-Sep-08 22:02:13

Managed to break (snap!) the plastic rim of the water spout on dd's sigg bottle after less than a week's use ... has nasty sharp edges now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now