Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone give advice on double buggies.

(6 Posts)
lizziemun Thu 04-Sep-08 17:06:42

I am going to have to get a double buggy for next March when i have a Newborn and dd2 who will be 18mths.

I don't have use of a car during the week so walk everywhere.

It must be a side by side (and suitable from birth) as I don't like Phil and Teds or the one with the seats in front of each other.

I also feel guilty about getting another pram as i love my Mamas and Papas pram which is carrycot and pushchair which i have used for both dd's and have had for 5 yrs and will go back to when dd2 is able to walk further.

reikizen Thu 04-Sep-08 17:08:35

I borrowed a Phil & Ted's after thinking they were a terrible idea and I now wish I had bought one. I loved it! I also borrowed a side by side which meant I could go in only two local shops as the doorways to the others were too small!

LucyJones Thu 04-Sep-08 17:13:21

I had a Maclaran twin with a newborn and a 2 year old.
It was fine and fitted through most doorways

SammyC Thu 04-Sep-08 17:15:29

I have a mountain buggy terrain, I used a carry cot on one side and the chair on the other side. There was 16 months difference between my two wee ones. The MB is easy to steer and could manage it one handed whilst the eldest was tottering along. I would recommend it 100%, it looks quite wide and fierce but i have used it in town and not found any problems in any shops. I would suggest a trial of one.

SammyC Thu 04-Sep-08 17:15:38

I have a mountain buggy terrain, I used a carry cot on one side and the chair on the other side. There was 16 months difference between my two wee ones. The MB is easy to steer and could manage it one handed whilst the eldest was tottering along. I would recommend it 100%, it looks quite wide and fierce but i have used it in town and not found any problems in any shops. I would suggest a trial of one.

nicolamumof3 Thu 04-Sep-08 23:04:55

I have had five double pushchairs in the past year since ds3 was born. I was totally against phil and teds, just didn't like the concept of one child on the 'ground' almost and couldn't see anything. But as ds3 has grown pushing a side by side maclaren has got increasingly harder and harder. I got my p&t three days ago i LOVE it i wish i had bought it first as it is so easy push, doesn't feel heavy (which is a consideration as those tiny newborns and 18m old soon turn into a hefty 2.5yr old and 1yr old lol! as i've found out, i can push this with ease. heartily recommended.

Would seriously suggest you try out any that you can get your hands on..I don't drive and do alot of walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now