Talk

Advanced search

DD has been walking for months but her feet are too small for shoes - PLEASE HELP!!

(10 Posts)
FeelingLucky Thu 04-Sep-08 13:09:31

Had her measured at John lewis for a pair of shoes and they say she's not even a size 2 (Startrite size); probably a size 1 or 1 and a half.

I've left it as late as possible to get her shoes because I know it's better for her feet to go bare foot but with the weather the way it is her Daisy Root Bobox aren't protection enough from the rain when she walks home from the park.

Can anyone please recommend some proper shoes for her?

Thought about these but not sure if they would protect from elements too well.
Any experiences?

merryberry Thu 04-Sep-08 16:46:31

friend has her tiny boy in ricosta shoes. think they are german, but are sold over here. try web?

FeelingLucky Fri 05-Sep-08 18:10:46

Thanks merryberry. I'll have a google.

Piffle Fri 05-Sep-08 18:16:28

try eBay
My dd has had teensy feet all her 6 years
Ricosta and many other continentalbrands do hood small shoes
Search eBay by size perhaps?

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 14:35:27

ooh, thanks for tip.
will start trawling on net

Bronze Sat 06-Sep-08 14:38:17

I need to find the links to the other couple of sites I know but heres one www.petitefeetbabyshoes.co.uk/home.php

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 14:49:10

Thank you Bronze!
Fingers crossed you'll find links to other sites too, but this one is fab anyway.

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 17:46:44

Can't believe it. Soooooo pissed off with John lewis. Took DD to a children's shoe shop this afternoon. They measured her and told me she was a Startrite size 2!!!
so, the search for shoes is off as DD is now the proud owner of her first pair of shoes.
Won't ever go to John Lewis for DD's shoes again though.

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Sep-08 17:51:12

yay, so glad she's got her lovely new shoes!! Buying girls shoes much more exciting than boys! I love startrite tho x

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 20:39:43

aawwww, thanks nicola. it's so exciting seeing her walk around in her first shoes. [proud mum emotion]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now