Talk

Advanced search

Divan bed bases - are they worth getting or is the comfort same as normal bed frames?

(7 Posts)
Holymoly321 Thu 04-Sep-08 08:55:47

We've just bought a sealy mattress and put it on our IKEA bed frame - the frame has a wooden slatted base. But there seems to be a 'ridge' in the middle of the bed and DH complained that he felt he was rolling off the bed last night. Now he's saying we should have bought the divan base to go with the mattress, but I'm not sure it would make any difference. Can anyone advise me?

Dragonbutter Thu 04-Sep-08 08:58:41

we have a divan base. not very cool but seriously comfortable.

Holymoly321 Thu 04-Sep-08 09:02:54

what was the main diff for you DB? Have you had a normal bedstead/frame in the past? And is your divan base a plain wooden flat top or a sprung one?

Dragonbutter Thu 04-Sep-08 09:07:13

well our previous bed was a double slatted wooden base with mattress for £99 for the lot from argos hmm
we got our new bed as a wedding present. it's a dunlopillow latex thing, i think the base might be sprung i can't remember.
sorry not much help. just can't believe we managed to sleep on the argos one for so long.

Holymoly321 Thu 04-Sep-08 09:14:39

hi db, when you say double slatted, do you mean two sets of slats with a support down the middle?

expatinscotland Thu 04-Sep-08 09:19:03

the girls have a divan bed because we got hte ones with the drawers underneath as the storage is handy.

Dragonbutter Thu 04-Sep-08 21:59:37

oops sorry i logged off.
erm, no it was just a double bed, with wooden slats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now