Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use Lovefilm?

(10 Posts)
bluebell1 Wed 03-Sep-08 10:36:52

Hi i was thinking of signing up to lovefilm just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them.
Are there any hidden costs or problems etc.
Thanks.

Snaf Wed 03-Sep-08 10:38:01

Yes, I do.

V. good, imo. Never had any problems, delivery is quick etc. I pay about £5 a month and get 3 DVDs (I think).

differentID Wed 03-Sep-08 10:41:06

They've been great, but at the moment we're not getting enough time to sit down together for more than and hour to actually watch the films, so we're cancelling, unfortunately. We had a problem with one disc not playing, but dh emailed them and sent the disc back- we got that plus the regular 2 in the next package.

murphyslaw Wed 03-Sep-08 10:43:24

I am with tesco dvd rental (previously lovefilm)

Great service - wide range of packages and a really fast turnaround.

We have done this for about 1 year now and its great.

bluebell1 Wed 03-Sep-08 10:46:24

Thanks for your replies.Im a lone parent and thought it might be nice to curl up on the sofa to watch a good film when the kids are in bed as dont do soaps.smile.

Ripeberry Wed 03-Sep-08 10:48:21

I'm with lovefilm who took over from Amazon.
The delivery is a bit slower with lovefilm, Amazon used to e-mail me the same day as i had returned a film back!
Lovefilm seem to take 3 days more sad

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 03-Sep-08 11:04:49

If you go to bounty.com / lovefilm you will get a free £10 next voucher if you sign up! We are thinking about joining too but not sure what package to go with yet.

LostGirl Wed 03-Sep-08 11:13:17

We pay a tenner a month and have a new dvd sent out as soon as we return one, so normally average about 6 a month. Have had no problems and have used them for about 2 years. You should be able to sign up for a free trial first to see what you think.

bluebell1 Wed 03-Sep-08 13:37:55

Hi all i have signed up for a free trial and i got £16 cashback through wepromiseto.grin

lastboxoftampons Wed 03-Sep-08 17:47:56

We love it. I think we pay £14/month for two DVDs at a time, unlimited - meaning as fast as you can watch them you can get a new one. we've found the turnaround time to be really quick! Generally they seem to post the day they receive, so it takes about 2 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now