Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a Group 1 carseat??? (DS is over 10kg now)

(5 Posts)
ILikeYourSleeves Tue 02-Sep-08 21:35:12

DS is 10 months old and almost 22lb (I think that's over 10kg?) and is still in his first carseat, a maxicosi one. He still has a little while in this one but I'm looking to buy the next one up. I'd like it to be rearfacing at first and can then change to forward facing.

Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

hellymelly Tue 02-Sep-08 21:40:53

there were some threads about rear facing seats a while ago and after looking into it we changed both our girls seats to rear facing (3 year old and 15m old baby) so I would go with another rear facing that will last until your baby is about 4,they were really expensive but have a look at rearfacing.co.uk,or google it.Ours are by brittax but they are usually only sold to Sweden.

DontNeedAnything Tue 02-Sep-08 21:41:24

I wouldn't go for one which can be rear facing then forwards personally as the weight at which you have to turn it forward (12kg I think) is probbaly the same weight you have to stop using your Maxi-cosi.

The rear and forward seats are alittle smaller IME and so won't last as long.

Either go for a fully forward seat or a fully rearward seat (hard to get hold of but there is another thread today).

Either way i would say that the features to look for are a) teh ability to recline in situ and b) a seatbelt tensioner to make it easier to fit securely.

I am afraid the one I love has been discontinued (Britax rennaissance) has been discontinued so I am afraid I don't have any named recommendations.

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Sep-08 21:49:26

maxi cosi priori but these are forward, had one for our ds2 loved it so much ds3 now has one too!

HeinzSight Tue 02-Sep-08 21:50:17

maxi cosi priorifix

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now