Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bed linen without cartoon characters

(22 Posts)
Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 19:37:16

I've trawled through previous threads on this subject but I still can't find what I want ...

I'm seeking good quality (long lasting) bed linen for dd (she has ordinary-sized single bed) that perhaps is in a plain gingham or has a classic/traditional feel to it ...

Any ideas please?

LittleMyDancing Tue 02-Sep-08 19:39:03

the White Company has gingham bedclothes for kids, or try John Lewis?

you get a discount at the White Co if you're a MNetter.

flirtygerty Tue 02-Sep-08 19:41:05

not cheap but great little trading company has some lovely stuff in it. www.gltc.co.uk.

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 02-Sep-08 19:41:34

Ikea have good thing too, and Habitat

pagwatch Tue 02-Sep-08 19:43:41

laura ashley
white company
Designers guild

Got some beautiful designers guild stuff for DD in sale. Classic white with embroidered flowers

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 19:46:17

Crikey! Loads of answers already. Thanks very much for taking trouble to post. Will take a look....

Please keep 'em coming ...I'm v. difficult to please grin

pagwatch Tue 02-Sep-08 19:48:47

these ones are nice

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 20:02:16

Oooh yes Pagwatch, thanks, I do like those ...

stripeymama Tue 02-Sep-08 20:05:23

DD has a very lovely duvet/pillowcase set fron M&S, with a pink/green/turquiose print of paperchain dolls and stripes across it.

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 21:07:44

thanks Stripey ... will check it out ...

norksinmywaistband Tue 02-Sep-08 21:12:12

I got a lovely set from primark, quite traditional looking pink stripes and flowers only £6, ideal as a second set

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 21:14:23

primark eh? Will have a look when in UK. That sounds like a bargain. thanks NorksinmyWaistband (so our mine btw grin)

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 02-Sep-08 21:14:56

sorry - tired - 'are' I meant ...evidently ...

mejon Thu 04-Sep-08 14:19:27

I've just ordered this one in toddler bed size for DD's first bed here. The single is £18 though the navy one is quite a bit more. It is lovely and soft and I'm delighted to have finally found it after googling gingham bedding for ages!

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 04-Sep-08 20:03:33

Thank you very much Mejon! I agree, those are really lovely.

Unfortunately, I can't really go for red as there is quite a bit of pink in dd's room (grrrrrr) but I've tracked down these:

www.thechildrensfurniturecompany.com/prodpage.asp?ProdID=74

although the price is giving me pause for thought ....

Milliways Thu 04-Sep-08 20:09:33

Maybe not "good enough" quality, but Dunelm Mill have a huge range of bedding, arranged by colour schemes, with Cushions, cutains etc all available.

Also, Rosebys are worth a look.

Being a girl, she may want a room "makeover" again fairly soon? We had some from Rosebys that lasted really well. Latest set are from Dunelm Mill.

CountessDracula Thu 04-Sep-08 20:12:49

m&s do some nice ones

savoycabbage Thu 04-Sep-08 20:13:21

I got some lovely stuff at Laura Ashley here

Countingthegreyhairs Fri 05-Sep-08 08:07:26

Thank you Milliways - I wasn't aware of those sites so will definitely check them out - looks good for all ages

Another vote for M & S Countess Dracula - thank you - they must be getting things right again. I'm abroad (mainland Europe) but will definitely have a look on-line and make notes for when I'm next visiting the UK - thanks for the tip

Oh I like the Laura Ashley choice too savoycabbage - pink but not obtrusively so - and there is one where I live ....

Thanks again everyone! DD has rejected the farm animal duvet set she has had since she was 2. She says it's for "a baby". How things have changed .. in my day duvets were a novelty and I had to be content with some godawful swirly flowered number that gave you a headache just looking at it ...

Portofino Fri 05-Sep-08 08:13:12

Next? They always do lovely non-iron stuff which is a bonus.

MadameCastafiore Fri 05-Sep-08 08:33:17

Our kids bed linen is from The White Company and Laura Ashley and it is lovely although The White Company stuff doesn't wash and iron as well as the LA stuff!

Countingthegreyhairs Fri 05-Sep-08 11:47:53

Thanks Portofino and that's good to know MadameCastafiore; I seem to be spend my life at the ironing board ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now