Talk

Advanced search

Quick please, about to go to boots - What product can I get to cover my tattoo?

(7 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Tue 02-Sep-08 19:30:29

Please can someone help me? Im thinking of buying Dermablend but after being told by boots in town i'd have to order it and it's expensive etc I wondered if there are other products that would do the job? Does anyone know of a different shop I could try and buy dermablend from instead? I've looked online but can't find stockists and I cant order online because I need to find which colour suits me.

Help I have a wedding to go to on saturday!

stripeymama Tue 02-Sep-08 19:32:16

Where is it? Can you hide it with clothing? Do you have to hide it?

You could try ordinary concealer, re-applied during day as necessary.

LoveMyGirls Tue 02-Sep-08 19:36:28

Its on my chest its black it about 3inches big........worst place and colour etc I could possibly have had thats what i get for being a teenage rebel sad the wedding is my df's bosses daughter (very rich millionaire type people) and I really don't want to come across as common (although they will guess when I open my mouth no doubt!) I'd also like to cover it for my wedding so would like to try it anyway.

Clothing could cover it but I've got a lovely dress I'd like to wear.

stripeymama Tue 02-Sep-08 20:13:02

Hmmm.

This maybe, I know you said not online but it seems to have only three basic shades that you blend yourself, so maybe easier to get right one?

Myself I'd just brazen it out!

stripeymama Tue 02-Sep-08 20:13:55

Also if you want it for your wedding too then worth the price I'd say.

carrielou2007 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:48:55

Dermablend is very thick with great coverage, great for tattoos, birth marks etc and is really does stay put and not rub off.

Is there anywhere near you that sells fancy dress or dancewear/ballet stuff that may also sell stage make up? There used to be a brand called leichner but not sure if that is still made, that would give good coverage and again designed to be worn with hot lights so should be pretty sweat proof?? Good luck!

LoveMyGirls Tue 02-Sep-08 20:52:53

df found this for me while I was out at boots Boots are rubbish btw online said they were open until 12am but they shut at 8 (the pharmacy was open but on this site it said both were open until 12 grrrrrrrrrr) it was freezing and there was already a queue so I didn't even ask!

Thanks for your help.

I probably should just accept it and learn to like it again etc but it's how people who don't know me react when they first meet me that's upsetting, I know I shouldn't care but I do, I'm not the same person I was 10yrs ago, I've grown up and don't want to be treated as a common bimbo everytime I meet someone new, I wish I was super clever so I could be witty and funny and wow people that way but i'm not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now