Talk

Advanced search

lightweight stroller recommendation

(14 Posts)
JenAT Tue 02-Sep-08 09:38:12

We are going on hol and a long haul flight next month and want to buy a lightweight stroller to take. Our dd will be 13 months.
Any recommendations for a fairly comfy one thats not too expensive, been looking at Mclaren Triumph.
Thanks.

forevared Tue 02-Sep-08 17:11:46

I went to greece last year and bought one from Asda for a tenner. DS1 loved it, was really light and small and did just the job. He was 21 months and is a tall lad but fitted in it with no problem.

forevared Tue 02-Sep-08 17:14:09

Ooops, it was by Kooltrade

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Sep-08 18:05:31

maclaren all the way, if you are going to use it again? If just for this holiday then maybe go for something cheaper...maclarens are v.sturdy though so will put up with those luggage handlers!

3girlies Wed 03-Sep-08 10:15:53

Maclaren every time, Boots have 20% off them at the moment online. Quest is better than the Triumph, it has a better seat and more features.

hf128219 Wed 03-Sep-08 10:17:33

Just bought a Maclaren quest from Boots. Has reclining positions, which is great.

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 03-Sep-08 10:30:41

I have a Maclaren quest, it's great, def recommend it. We took it to Croatia and it now lives in my car and I use it whenever we go out and the Quinny stays at home for local jaunts

SweetApril Wed 03-Sep-08 10:44:55

We have Maclaren Quest as 2nd buggy. Here are pros and cons we've found:
Pros: Lightweight
Fairly robust
Easy to fold/unfold even while holding dd
Good size seat
Reclines

Cons: Brake is rubbish (they have a new model now but not sure if brake is better)
Not great to push if you are tall
Bit of a bone-shaker if your other buggy has rubber wheels!

It's handy to sling in the car but our dd (18 months) never looks that comfy to be honest and is much happier in her big buggy. Not trying to put you off just suggest you do the best road test you can before you buy because if you buy a Maclaren you'll probably use it for years and not just a holiday!

hf128219 Wed 03-Sep-08 10:45:01

Good to hear it! I bought it specifically for hols in a few weeks. smile

hughjarssss Wed 03-Sep-08 10:46:58

Just brought a quest and I love it.

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 03-Sep-08 11:10:19

The brakes on my quest are fine but my pal has the older model and her brakes don't even work! I agree that it is a bit of a bumpier ride in the quest compared to a 'main' pram but for strolling round the streets and shops it's totally fine. I like teh raincover too, takes up no room.

JenAT Wed 03-Sep-08 15:40:15

thanks for advice, will look at boots online, 20% off sounds good!

mrsbabookaloo Wed 03-Sep-08 15:44:28

The Volo is really lightweight and I would recommend but would add cautionary tale that we lost ours under a train on a windy day as it was blown off the platform!

Obviously dd wasn't in it. The brakes are a bit crap, but as long as you're more careful than stupid me, I would still recommend.

I have replaced it with Chicco.. don't know which model but it was £50, which was £15 cheaper than the Volo. It's fine, though DH finds hnadles not high enough.

PinkTulips Wed 03-Sep-08 15:48:21

Cosotto Hula.

it's fabulous, got it last year for a holiday we never actually took and it's completely replaced the old lump of a buggy.

it's light enough to carry by the handle with ease, folds small, has a raincover and a mosquito/sun net and comes in funky colours.

we got ours for 90euros in mothercare but they're bound to be cheaper by now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now