Talk

Advanced search

Do you know where I can buy DARK coloured maternity nighties/PJs that DON'T cost £20 a pop?

(23 Posts)
MamaG Mon 01-Sep-08 23:19:25

hmm grin

eandz Mon 01-Sep-08 23:21:36

actually, i haven't even been able to find any at £20 a pop as i'm quite desperate. (where did you find those?)

i have found dark separates on sale at mother care and h&m.

frisbyrat Mon 01-Sep-08 23:23:08

This is a two-pack

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 23:24:12

i got some in Peacock's for about £6/two pack.

not maternity nighties but just big nightshirts.

frisbyrat Mon 01-Sep-08 23:25:19

These are cheaper, if not very dark.

AnotherFineMess Mon 01-Sep-08 23:25:50

Asda do 2-pack separates in their basics range...and they were very comfy iirc.

In fact I went through labour in them (so would have offered to have posted them to you if you're a size 12 but you may not want them after that)

MamaG Mon 01-Sep-08 23:25:54

thanks friz and expat - will check out peacocks

i won't wear them afterwardsa nd its such a waste of money!

eandz look at jojomamanbebe they've some bits inteh sale (still a bit dear tho) - MN get 10^% off and free delivery using a code (think MM72 is the code)

MamaG Mon 01-Sep-08 23:27:49

I will look at asda. No, not a size 12 but thanks anyway

eandz Mon 01-Sep-08 23:47:35

thank you MamaG will go look now.

still trying to figure out what to give birth in. can i just do it naked with a sheet around my center and breasts? or is that a no no?

AnotherFineMess Tue 02-Sep-08 00:00:46

Nekkid is fine, as soon as I got to the transition stage I almost literally ripped my clothes off.

And to think that I am usually such an inhibited little thing grin

eandz Tue 02-Sep-08 00:08:33

looks like i'll be doing this naked.

PortAndLemon Tue 02-Sep-08 01:01:33

I got some decent dark separates at Mothercare that have been discontinued now. Wore them wehen pregnant, for the birth and afterwards (still wear them, actually -- they are huge now but are very elasticated so still just about stay up). They were/are actually quite nice, which was why I snapped up two pairs when I saw them (why why WHY are maternity PJs generally in pastel colours? Are they designed by people who have never given birth and never met anyone who's given birth?)

eandz -- I don't think a sheet round your middle is going to work. Both times I've started in pyjamas and ended up in just the little vest/camisole bit of the pyjamas by the time it got to transition.

MamaG Tue 02-Sep-08 09:32:02

eandz I wore a maternity nightie giving birth both times to my DC, big loose cotton thing that ended up hoiked around my waist when things got going.

If you're comfortable to be nekkid, thats fine, lots of people are - I felt more comfortable in the early stages having hte nightie on and then it didn't cross my mind to take it off

eandz Tue 02-Sep-08 22:32:36

ok, just bought the 2pk of nightshirts from mothercare. i'm not sure how modest i'll be feeling during labor, but i'd like to leave both options open.

hf128219 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:36:32

I just bought big normal nighties, they don't have to be maternity wear - just big! grin

eandz Tue 02-Sep-08 22:38:34

i tried that...but because i'm soo big nothing fits loose anymore...even the big sizes blush

hf128219 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:45:03

eandz - what about a cotton kaftan type thing, you know like a beach cover-up? They are usually nice and loose.

eandz Tue 02-Sep-08 22:53:14

hf128219

hmm, something else to think about. i'll go look for some tomorrow. (thank you)!

hf128219 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:59:49

No problem! Good luck smile

lauraloola Wed 03-Sep-08 10:15:10

I just bought bigger and in a stretchy material.

cupsoftea Wed 03-Sep-08 10:16:34

m&s - also could try normal tights in the biggest size possible (worked for me & I was huge!!)

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 03-Sep-08 10:29:05

I got 2 nighties for my labour from Primark- about £3 each I think! grin

PinkTulips Wed 03-Sep-08 10:56:57

i wore a skirt and camisole top to have ds in.

worked a treat, i just hitched the skirt up to shove him out.

i wore a nightie with dd and it was horrible as they put me on continuous monitoring for blood in my waters and i had to walk around for hours with my nighie hitched up over the monitors and my fat naked ass on display to everyone who wandered into the room sad

skirt and top worked brilliantly and i had an old summer skirt lurking in the cupboard and you can get camisole tops for dirt cheap in pennies (primark)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now