Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a great changing bag .... had two already so next one has to be right!

(29 Posts)
mummytowillow Mon 01-Sep-08 23:04:20

I've just changed my pram to a Silver Cross Pop in Candy (pink and black). I'm now looking for a really good changing bag, I've had the Loola one that clips on it wasn't big enough, then I've had a messenger type one from Vertbaudet and its OK but is now filthy and not washable!

So I want a medium sized bag that will fit on the buggy, in either plain black or pink and black, daughter is one and I use real nappies so it needs to be a fair size? Don't really want to spend anymore than £40?

Any ideas anyone??

DontNeedAnything Mon 01-Sep-08 23:07:22

Other than nappies what do you take out?

I had dropped the changing bag altogether by 1yr. She has a little childs rucksack thing that she used for nursery - and just slung inteh boot of the car when we went out.

Think about what sized bag you actually need. The buy youself a large "handbag" that is a suitable size rather than a "changing bag".

mrslurkalot Mon 01-Sep-08 23:17:00

I agree, spend the £40 on a handbag for yourself (hurrah!) big enough to hold the bits for dd too. Lots of big bags around at the moment. My DD is 5 months and I haven't used the changing bag in weeks ( may have to go back when we start weaning though!).

mrshippy Mon 01-Sep-08 23:34:15

We got a great expectations one. Really recommed it. You can fit tonnes in it, you just unclip it and it folds out with everything at hand, no rummaging requires. It's padded so baby doesn't get cold from the floor. The shapes stops them rolling off a bit,. Even has phone holder & insulated bottle warmer (never used that though as BF). Lots of colours too and the elestic bots on the outside are great for jamming blankets, coats or other things into. Can be worn as a backpack has a seperate shouler strap and seperate clips so can just be clipped onto a pushchair. Washable velcro removable g changing mat Brill. 10/10,

Here's the link...

http://www.gr8x.net/interiorpages/babytraveller_range.shtml

Bewilderbeast Mon 01-Sep-08 23:38:43

just get a big handbag, unless baby is considerably under 6 months old it's just not worth the hassle of a changing bag when all you need is a few nappies, wipes a drink and a box of raisins

bellabelly Mon 01-Sep-08 23:44:22

I love the skip hop double ones - mine is a double duo because I have twins. It looks fab after a year's use. LOADS of pockets so easy to keep reasonably organised.

Overmydeadbody Mon 01-Sep-08 23:46:43

I never understood changing bags. How much stuff can one baby possibly need? Just buy a big handbag and sling it all in there. Even washable nappies aren't that bulky these days.

bellabelly Mon 01-Sep-08 23:47:26

But why would you want to carry all that on your poor aching shoulder when you can clip it onto the buggy?

Overmydeadbody Mon 01-Sep-08 23:59:22

but it's not a lot to carry surely so shouldn't give you a poor aching shoulder?

LittlePushka Tue 02-Sep-08 00:17:58

Aree with bewilderbeast,...get a rucksack with a coupple of compartments, pack muslins specificalyfor changing on 9MUCH BETTER imo than plastic mats,...and away you go! Rucksack straps hook over pushchair handles if you cant/do not want to carry it.

loveshopping Tue 02-Sep-08 08:39:30

skiphops are really good. I've got a dash and it's really good for clipping on the buggy and then straight on your shoulder without changing the clips again. The deluxe one it much better. I bought one here My friend is waiting to get a charcoal one when they get new stock in. Hope this helps.

jimbotri Tue 02-Sep-08 20:53:25

Your friend could get a charcoal one here as they have them in stock at the moment.

mummytowillow Tue 02-Sep-08 21:38:36

Those Skiphops look lovely, BUT I've been looking longingly at a Radley Handbag and reading what others have said, I might go for a larger handbag, I can't remember the last time I actually used a nice handbag so what the hell!! wink

Thanks for your replies!

bluejellybean Tue 02-Sep-08 21:40:33

Just don't buy a Bagaboo changing bag! Great pram crap bag!

loveshopping Tue 02-Sep-08 22:00:58

I know what you mean about Radley bags, can't resist them. Have now gone from handbag mad to changing bag mad
I know the other website has them in stock but they are only £40 on the daisy one. Have told my friend to hang on as it says they will get stock this week. Have you seen the new skiphop city chic? Now that looks a nice bag...oops here I go again!

carrielou2007 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:31:16

How about using something like a bag from 'animal'?? The messenger style bags are not too big to go over should/across body, yet big enough for nappies/wipes/drink/snacks and also pockets for your phone/purse/keys etc. I have 2 and good size and also not too big to keep banging into your legs on a lighweight stroller.

If you like something to clip onto a buggy, just cut the handle off a bag and as long as it has metal loops/rings you can use poshbag clips. If you attach the velcro straps just above the bottom of the brake frame if you put too much inside the buggy won't tip like if you attach near tops of handles.

onelittlelion Tue 02-Sep-08 22:36:42

You can get a changing bag insert to go in a normal bag. It slips in and has the compartments that a chhanging bag would have if that makes sense. I think I saw them at happybags and know poshbugs will make you a custom one. Only thing is may be as expensive as a bag!

onelittlelion Tue 02-Sep-08 22:37:55

like this but sure there are others

loveshopping Tue 02-Sep-08 23:27:23

onelittlelion did you say you had a saddlebag? I was looking for something to put on my POP and maybe keep it there, are they any good?

onelittlelion Tue 02-Sep-08 23:32:09

You can fit lots more than you'd expect in and can use on handlebar too. Really pleased with mine. I have a bagabottle bag off ebay which is good too

thisisyesterday Tue 02-Sep-08 23:35:01

you have to have an allerhand one. seriously.
If I had had this when ds1 was born I wouldn't have had another.

it's fantastic.

here

loveshopping Tue 02-Sep-08 23:50:02

do they clip on the buggy too?

mummytowillow Wed 03-Sep-08 21:37:19

OOOh I've been for a look at the Allerhand on your link and it looks fab, are they really worth it for the £40?

I'm drawn to the pink one but know I should get the black one as it won't get so dirty!!

Shall I or not...........??

Shelly679 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:25:45

would the allerhand one fit enough stuff for 2 children?

Shelly679 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:25:51

would the allerhand one fit enough stuff for 2 children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now