Talk

Advanced search

Legal protection option on house insurance.....Do I need it?????

(6 Posts)
VanillaPumpkin Mon 01-Sep-08 14:10:41

That is it really. It puts the premium up and so I want to take it off. When would I use it? Couldn't I just go to CAB instead????
Have you used yours??
TIA

MelT76 Mon 01-Sep-08 17:45:33

I didn't take out the legal proection on m insurance, didnt think it was worth it tbh. However, I was made redundant in June and could have got free legal help thru this. I went to CAB but they could ony offer me general advice, basically stuff I found myself on internet. Didnt qualify for free legal help thru the numbers they gave me to contact as DP earns a decent (tho not great) wage and we have too much in savings!!!!

In hindsight I would pay for it but chances are you may never needs it. Sods law say if you dont have it, you will need it tho!

forevercleaning Mon 01-Sep-08 17:46:25

no, not necessary IMO

cmotdibbler Mon 01-Sep-08 20:20:23

If you had some work done on your house and the builder didn't finish it/ messed it up, they'd pay for all the legal proceedings to sort it out, and they also provide legal help and advice for things relating to you and your home.

CAB won't pay for legal help, so its well worth having the backup of knowing that you could pay for a legal case

Honeymum Tue 02-Sep-08 08:47:16

There's also things like disputes with neighbours which you'd be covered for...

VanillaPumpkin Tue 02-Sep-08 19:56:29

Thank you for your replies.
Does it only cover housing legal issues then?
We are a forces family and so any probs with the house can be reported and fall outs with neighbours (I hope not...) can be resolved through military channels.
OR would it help for employment etc like MelT says...
Would they advise like a solicitor then?? Might well be worth getting then for £15, but we are trying to cut costs (aren't we all??). Arrgh still unsure, so I think I should probably just get it....
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now