Talk

Advanced search

How MUCH for school shoes????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr :-$

(9 Posts)
Sparkler Mon 01-Sep-08 13:44:21

Just been out to get DD1 and DD2 new school shoes. £73 FFS!! angry Bloody ridiculous.

I have to go to Start Rite for them both as DD1 has wide fitting feet (into a 1H now) and DD2 has very small feet (into a 10D).

I am feeling really hmm right now.

JuneBugJen Mon 01-Sep-08 13:46:41

I am feeling angry too about how much frickin' use of the £32 sandals I bought dd this year. Can I have a refund on unworn shoes due to crap weather?

Cant even get my head around getting school shoes yet.. think I will be the same as you!

Sparkler Mon 01-Sep-08 14:21:35

shock at price of sandals too.

hippipotami Mon 01-Sep-08 14:25:55

I spent £64 for ds and dd. Astronomical really, but if they are anything like last year their shoes will last the year! [hopeful emoticon]

twoluvlykids Mon 01-Sep-08 14:34:47

yesterday i spent £42 on ds & £45 on dd for school shoes sad

they usually last till just after Easter, & then they wear trainers till end of school year

nicolamumof3 Mon 01-Sep-08 17:42:09

I wish mine lasted that long. Boy+playing football at playtime+English Autumn Weather = we are lucky if they last to xmas!! I've now told my son to change into his pe trainers at playtime and he did manage to last year!!

cremolafoam Mon 01-Sep-08 17:43:49

and they will be lucky to last a year.
dd has been back at school for 4 days and they are scraped to buggery and cost £65

hippipotami Tue 02-Sep-08 11:40:36

Nicola, that is what I have asked my ds to do - at playtime he changes into his PE trainers, so his school shoes are spared the playground-ordeal! Luckily most of his friends change into PE shoes aswell, so he is not at all opposed to the idea.

And at dd's school they ask the children to bring in wellies for playtime as they have a trimtrail and two garden areas for the children to explore which are both muddy in wet weather. So again, her shoes are spared most of the hard work grin

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Sep-08 12:08:32

ah thats good, my ds is the only one apparently who does it!! I think they should encourage it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now