Talk

Advanced search

phil and ted question: can you use the lay back bit without a cocoon whilst the doubles seat is attached on front???

(7 Posts)
papaya Mon 01-Sep-08 13:40:22

if my 3 yo wanted to lay down for a nap would it hold her weight 2 stone? theres only 4 lb difference between her and our 6 month old, and i am wondering whether to get one x

tia

BroccoliSpears Mon 01-Sep-08 13:44:02

She'd probably be too tall - nowhere for her legs to go with the seat on top.

My 2-year-old sleeps in the lie-flat bit sometimes but I stick the other seat behind and pop the baby in the sling.

Using the lie-flat bit without a cocoon is not an issue at all - ds grew too big for his cocoon at about 8 weeks old (big baby), long before he was ready to sit up.

papaya Mon 01-Sep-08 13:47:58

thanks BS, so am i right in thinking with the sport seat at the back she could still lay flat in the front seat? Providing baby wasnt in the back seat of course....! she seems too old to be getting one i know, but we walk alot and at the moment i am having to push my ,maclaren single handed whilst carrying her, i just cant do it anymore!!!

lou031205 Mon 01-Sep-08 13:57:40

It would work no problem smile

BroccoliSpears Mon 01-Sep-08 14:06:25

Yes, you can lie the main seat flat and clip the second seat behind, though no room for a child in the second seat if you do this.

Does she need to lie flat to sleep? I have in the past had sleeping baby lying flat on the main seat and sleeping 2-year-old in the extra seat in front. The extra seat reclines on one of the models, not much but a bit.

I find I chop and change the set up all the time. Takes seconds to move the extra seat around and recline / adjust the seats.

papaya Mon 01-Sep-08 14:17:36

hmmm, i can see me spending a small fortune this afternoon...thought i had got passed the expensive baby stage!!!!

nicolamumof3 Mon 01-Sep-08 17:45:01

lol papaya, i have just given in and bought a p&t after swearing not to when baby no.3 arrived last summer. My two youngest are 2.8yr and 13m my p&t arrived this morning. what a godsend. I too was carrying toddler and pushing buggy yesterday. not easy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now