Talk

Advanced search

next step from cot mobiles

(12 Posts)
ummadam Mon 01-Sep-08 13:28:43

Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions of a lullaby-type thing for my son's cot? He loves his fisher price aquarium mobile but I have to take it down as he can stand in his cot and reach it. He is not settling nearly aswell without it! Please help!

isaidno Mon 01-Sep-08 13:36:52

Why not get a cd player in his room and play some nice music?

ummadam Mon 01-Sep-08 14:19:38

have to admit I thought about a cd player but I like the 10min then stop that the mobile does and enjoys watching the lights. He is only 7months bless him and I've taken his favourite toy! He know stares sadly at it and wimpers (i tried putting it on a table in his room but it isn't close enough for him to see the lights properly))

Nbg Mon 01-Sep-08 14:20:50

Silly question but have you lowered the level of the cot mattress so he can't reach it?

Flower3554 Mon 01-Sep-08 14:24:43

Wow, he's, only 7 months and he can stand by himself!!!

ummadam Mon 01-Sep-08 14:45:22

not a silly question but yes Nbq, it went down when he could sit - he can't do it by himself Flower he can only pull to stand but it is enough - and it is more argh! than wow! we have freaky motor development in our family and I'm very jealous of friends with babies who sit still for 5 minutes!

nicolamumof3 Mon 01-Sep-08 17:40:12

i've got a soft little winnie the pooh which lays in the cot and plays music they can restart it by pushing the 'cushion' that winnie lays on! And its got a remote control too for mummy. It was from argos.

willthisdo Mon 01-Sep-08 17:44:51

what about something like this ?

Seona1973 Mon 01-Sep-08 20:02:03

ds (22 months) has this fisher price mobile but you can remove the arm bit and just leave the music box and light projector attached to the cot. He switches the music and the light on when he goes for his nap/bedtime and you can hear him switch it on in the morning when he wakes up.

Seona1973 Mon 01-Sep-08 20:06:01

mothercare has a selection of mobiles/musical things that can be used attached to the cot

onefunkymama Mon 01-Sep-08 20:16:17

my kids (4 and 5) still love their cot music boxes. One of them is a Fisher Price Aquarium (not a mobile but just a box with swimming fish.) If its safe, I'd try to find somewhere else that you can put it up where your little one can still see it but can't reach it.

ummadam Mon 01-Sep-08 20:32:24

Thanks everybody!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now