Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Best toy under £10 for a 2 year old. Recommendations please.

(7 Posts)
Surfermum Sun 20-Feb-05 10:56:36

I've got a series of 2nd birthday parties coming up and need some ideas for pressies. What are your recommendations for toys for 2 year olds? Am spending up to £10.

Also, does anyone know if anywhere is doing BOGOFs or 3 for 2's?

TIA

colditzmum Sun 20-Feb-05 11:02:11

Playdoh!

Your child will be the most popular!

(you may be the least popular mum though)

Casmie Sun 20-Feb-05 11:16:04

ELC is usually a good place to go for 3 for 2's. Simple jigsaws, plastic dinosaurs/animals, agree with the playdoh suggestion... Tomy do a little "pocket money" thomas set which is a little box that opens out to a track for around £10 (suspect it's 3+ but ds1 was given one at 2 and it was a HUGE hit)

Enid Sun 20-Feb-05 11:48:50

I buy those tubes of Fisher Price Little People/Animals - only a £5 but I am tight

Casmie Sun 20-Feb-05 12:22:18

Have to say around £5 seems to be the "norm" around here for party presents unless they're a particularly close friend (when I will go up to £10 depending on the present).

Twiglett Sun 20-Feb-05 12:23:04

think £5 is the norm here too

lyndap Sun 20-Feb-05 12:28:19

ELC do a great posting game with letters and clip on stamps my 2 yo dd loves it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: