Talk

Advanced search

Aquadraw - how durable is it?

(11 Posts)
MummyToOneForNow Sun 31-Aug-08 21:42:18

just wondered if anyone knows how durable aquadraw is - does the surface wear over time (e.g. with children sitting/walking on it as well as drawing on it as they are supposed to grin)?

nancy75 Sun 31-Aug-08 21:43:38

lasts quite a long time, ours hasnt worn but it does get dirty and cant be washed which is a bit daft!

MegBusset Sun 31-Aug-08 21:44:01

It's not really a 'surface' as such, just a fabric. So no, it won't wear over time, although ours is looking a bit grubby after a few months of DS trampling over it

onepieceoflollipop Sun 31-Aug-08 21:47:00

Ours has got rather grubby. Also if the pens leak (which ours have tended to) and the mat gets soaked, it can be difficult to dry it out 100%.

We have the remains of muddy footprints on ours (you can only wipe it over, not machine or even hand wash it). Also we have tiny patches of black mildew following spillages/leakages that never dried out properly.

Also DO NOT let children write on it with normal pens. (angry at my dh and dd1 grin)

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 31-Aug-08 21:47:35

They aren't all fabric MB. We have the fabric one and one which is more like foam mats which interlock. Of the two, the fabric one is prob slightly cleaner looking, but the other one gets played with a little more as it has lots of shapes to press out of the side pieces.

snickersnack Sun 31-Aug-08 21:57:08

They do get grubby. Make sure it's thoroughly dried out before you put them away otherwise they go a bit manky. But can't see it wearing out.

EachPeachPearMum Sun 31-Aug-08 22:08:06

We have the travel one, and it has been fab. Ours is nearly a year old, but has tiny patch of mildew now sad

sazm Sun 31-Aug-08 22:30:02

we have the fabric one,and although it says not to machine wash it,i put it in the hand wash cycle in my washing machine and its good as new,also washed the one from our toddler group in the machine and it came up like new too.

MummyToOneForNow Mon 01-Sep-08 08:46:32

Sounds good - I wasn't sure if the reaction with water was due to something impregnated in the fabric or a coating on the fabric that could deteriorate or wear out with time. Dd loves it so far but I will try to get it put away as soon as it dries so it doesn't get too trodden on!

Twiga Mon 01-Sep-08 09:00:03

Also worth noting you can buy extra pens/replacement pens from Tomy - just check website. Our Thomas pen which mkes tracks got chewed by ds so have been looking into replacing.

Hulababy Mon 01-Sep-08 09:02:12

I washed ours in the washing machin, then left it to dry for a couple of days or so. Got most of the grubby marks out, and was perfectly useable afterwards. It lasted ages, and I then passed it on too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now