Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a Close Baby Wrap??

(5 Posts)
IlanaK Sun 31-Aug-08 20:32:44

My third ds is 6 weeks old. I use, and love, Zolowear ring slings. My husband used mei tei's with ds2 but the ones we have are not suitable from birth so he has been using both a hotslings pouch and also is getting the hang of the Karime that I had from last time. He really likes the Karime, but it takes forever to get it tied/wraped - which is also why I never use it.

Today I met a woman in Starbucks (as you do) who had her 2 month old in a Close. I got to look at it and try it on and really like it. It seemed like whoever designed it had tried a wrap and said " here is what we can do to make a wrap better".

Anyway, should I get one? I think both my dh and I would use it, but I also love my ring slings and would use them too.

Anyone have one and want to tell me about it?

IlanaK Sun 31-Aug-08 21:02:14

bump

Piffle Sun 31-Aug-08 21:05:05

I really adored mine
Tried lots before but like you said it was all things in one sling
Super sling Imo and I had severe post natal spd and this sling never hurt my back

LackaDAISYcal Sun 31-Aug-08 21:11:38

I don't have one, but someone on my PN thread does (in fact she is in the website pics) and really rates it.

I'm new to the whole sling thing, but as DD will only be 17 months when new baby is born in November, I thought a spot of baby wearing might make my day a lot easier.

I'm getting a second hand Baby Buddha, but liked the look of the Close one as well.

It was designed by Claire Scott, the attachment parenting guru who was on Channel 4s "Bringing up Baby" last year smile

IlanaK Sun 31-Aug-08 21:17:28

The back thing is an issue for me. I had severe spd and sciatica during pregnancy. The ringslings don't exactly hurt my back, but a two sided carrier would probably be better for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now