Talk

Advanced search

POUCH SLINGS - do you rate them?

(9 Posts)
bohemianbint Sun 31-Aug-08 18:30:54

I've got a coorie pouch sling which I'd pretty much written off, but just tried it again after 2 years with my week old DS and it was incredibly easy to put on and seems like it will be the easiest sling I own to breastfeed in.

My only reservations are that he looks a bit squished, is it alright for his spine?! And am a bit worried he might be boiling alive, but otherwise it seems pretty good...

Anyone more knowledgeable than me about these? Please come and tell me, I don't want to have to go back to the slingmeet... wink

SoupDragon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:33:22

I loved my coorie They do get warm in there (but no warmer than other slings I would imagine) so adjust their clothing accordingly and your DS was a whole lot more scrunched up a week ago!

DD had the most perfectly shaped head with no hint of a flat spot which I put down to the amount of time she spent in the sling and not in a pram or carseat

SoupDragon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:34:43

also breastfed in it too. Great as no one could see I was feeding so it was perfect where discretion is important and I was able to eat dinner and feed DD at the same time.

sleepycat Sun 31-Aug-08 18:36:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charchargabor Sun 31-Aug-08 18:36:37

Agree with Soupdragon, they love being all scrunched up. As long as they can breathe they're fine. DD also has a perfectly shaped head and always has, and I've always put it down to always being in arms or in a sling. smile He'll soon let you know if he's uncomfortable, DD always did.

bohemianbint Sun 31-Aug-08 18:37:49

Cheers Soupdragon! I have to say I'm impressed so far, I think by the time I bought it for DS1 he was a bit big for it and we just never got on.

Only other thing is, I naturally want to wear it with the baby's head on my left, but if I need to breastfeed on the other side it might feel a bit weird. Did you find swapping it over ok?

SoupDragon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:38:47

DD is now 2.7 and she still loves being in the coorie - obviously not scrunched up now, she sits in it like a seat on my hip. She snuggles in to me.

bohemianbint Sun 31-Aug-08 18:39:09

Ooh, and thanks everyone else! I'll stop worrying about him developing a totally round spine then... wink

SoupDragon Sun 31-Aug-08 18:42:32

I think I only ever used it head-to-the-right for feeding <<thinks hard>> I don't think it was a problem feeding from the other side if I did, I guess it would just feel a little odd. Feeding in the sling wasn't an every day occurrence though so it wasn't cause a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now