Talk

Advanced search

want to get dd a traditional looking red bike...any ideas?

(15 Posts)
ruddynorah Sat 30-Aug-08 20:45:38

i'm struggling with this.

planning to get one for christmas, it'll be her first bike so small size like 12" i think.

but all i seem to find are pink glittery bikes with doll seat on the back. and the 'boy' ones have flames on or postman pat etc.

i just want a fairly plain, ideally red, bike.

i'm probably being too fussy.

so....any ideas??

biglips Sat 30-Aug-08 20:46:45

you prob find one from a proper bikes shop and not from Toys R Us, argos...etc

ruddynorah Sat 30-Aug-08 20:48:37

i've looked at proper bike shops online too sad am tired of googling. hope someone has got one from somewhere maybe.

biglips Sat 30-Aug-08 20:49:47

ahhh right.....

well good luck then. Hope u will find one smile

Anna8888 Sat 30-Aug-08 20:54:03

I got my daughter a traditional red scooter - a three-wheeler, and have now upgraded to a two-wheeler - from the French company Nordy. But totally failed to get anything other than a pink bicycle (with white plastic doll's seat), despite looking extensively in England and France.

norksinmywaistband Sat 30-Aug-08 20:56:50

how about this

bran Sat 30-Aug-08 20:56:59

How about a Radio Flyer? They look very cute, I was tempted by them but got DS an Islabike instead.

norksinmywaistband Sat 30-Aug-08 20:57:58

snap bran, I think they look fab grin

Anna8888 Sat 30-Aug-08 20:58:15

Any of these any good?

ruddynorah Sat 30-Aug-08 21:12:47

thanks everyone. i've looked at the radio flyer one before, but it has no brakes, they use their feet so in some ways it'd be like a balance bike.

love love love the french site bikes. AND we're off to stay at my dad's in france next week so maybe i'll look over there too.

thanks all smile

barking Sat 30-Aug-08 21:18:19

islabikes not red, but the best

community playthings

puky there is red one!

ruddynorah Sat 30-Aug-08 21:27:00

wonderful. the puky ones are like on the french site ana offered. i think i'm getting there now.

shame they aren't as cheap as the fifi/dora/barbie ones though sad

barking Sat 30-Aug-08 21:38:08

Yes, they are all so expensive sad One consolation with Islabikes is you can sell them back to her and trade them up for the next size. I've been so impressed all 3 dc's have one and I've just bought one for myself. Very lightweight compared to anything I could find in the shops.

Just noticed there is a slight flame on the Puky, you may be able to take the transfer off

HotblackDesiato Sat 30-Aug-08 21:44:06

does dd want a traditional classy nice red bike? or owul she be happier with a sparkly pink and purple one?

ruddynorah Sat 30-Aug-08 21:46:17

she would like one like she uses at nursery which is a classy red one, only it's a heavy duty made for nursery type. ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now