Talk

Advanced search

Embroidered initials for school PE Kit

(8 Posts)
nou Sat 30-Aug-08 09:47:19

DD1 needs initials embroidered on PE Kit and science overall. I can't sew. I was looking for a drycleaner or other shop that offer an embroidery service but have searched the internet without success. If anyone knows of an embroidery service in central or west London that would be great!

Thanks!

lilolilmanchester Sat 30-Aug-08 09:49:33

blimey, why can't they have name tapes??? I can't imagine there are many people can embroider these days. I could just about do it, but sorry not close to you to offer to help.

PeaMcLean Sat 30-Aug-08 09:51:20

Good grief. Can't help you either I'm afraid but am a bit shock at the thought of having to embroider initials on PE kits.

What do the other parents do?

SqueakyPop Sat 30-Aug-08 09:51:49

We use giant nametapes, but can't you do a simple chain stitch? You could learn how to do it and have it done in no time. Even better, get DD1 to do it!

lilolilmanchester Sat 30-Aug-08 09:52:21

jsut a thought - if you have a material/sewing shop anywhere near you, ask in there if they know anyone who would do it. I found out about an alteration service via our sewing shop, and you might even find someone in the shop offers to do it for you (either one of the shop people or a nice customer who overhears you asking

lilolilmanchester Sat 30-Aug-08 09:53:39

Squeakypop, am just sat here wondering whether I can explain chain stitch for nou - it's so easy but not easy to explain in words!

SqueakyPop Sat 30-Aug-08 09:56:17

There must be a website somewhere that has pictures.

SqueakyPop Sat 30-Aug-08 09:57:31

www.embroiderersguild.com/stitch/stitches/chain.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now