Talk

Advanced search

I can't fit my Jane autocarrycot next to 3yo's car seat! What can I do.....

(12 Posts)
Maenad Fri 29-Aug-08 23:41:09

DH has come in from the car after doing rough measurements, and announced that the autocarrycot which we just got down from the loft in anticipation of DC2's arrival will not fit on the back seat of our car next to the MaxiCosi Priori XP. Aaargh. We have the Jane travel system including autocarrycot and Rebel carseat for next stage.

I loved this system last time round - it allowed sleeping baby to be transferred from car to pram to house completely undisturbed and lying flat all the while.

Anyone got any ideas??? Does anybody know if the Jane Matrix might fit instead? (not sure if it's shorter but I know it lies flat like the autocarrycot and maybe we could just get one of those to clip onto the buggy chassis instead?)

Maenad Fri 29-Aug-08 23:42:20

... Or if we were to get a next-stage booster seat to replace the MaxiCosi, does anyone know if it would take up less space on the back seat?

nappyaddict Fri 29-Aug-08 23:44:56

i take it you have not seen this

RedHead81 Fri 29-Aug-08 23:47:22

omg - thats scary

Maenad Fri 29-Aug-08 23:47:31

OMG shock

Ready4anotherCoffee Fri 29-Aug-08 23:48:19

OMG na, that is scarey!

susiecutiebananas Fri 29-Aug-08 23:49:15

That video does not look like the child is actually strapped into the seat. can't see the chest straps... hmm

not sure its a very helpful video tbh... sorry.

nappyaddict Fri 29-Aug-08 23:50:31

Why can't you just use the rebel car seat?

nappyaddict Fri 29-Aug-08 23:52:13

btw how do you strap the baby into the carrycot?

Maenad Fri 29-Aug-08 23:53:32

I was worried about the amount of time you could put a newborn into the rebel... I suppose I could use the rebel just as a car seat and then use the autocarrycot just as part of the pram and then it would be OK from that point of view. But I so loved being able to transfer from car to pram without having to disturb the baby.

Maenad Fri 29-Aug-08 23:54:31

There is a broad strap that goes around the baby's tummy and fastens with velcro in the carrycot.

nappyaddict Sat 30-Aug-08 00:21:27

It looks like that's the sort of strap on the matrix too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now