Talk

Advanced search

have you ever taken back jeans that lose their shape?

(16 Posts)
brimfull Fri 29-Aug-08 16:52:58

you know when you try them on and they fit perfectly then get all baggy .
I bought dd a pair of black jeans from top shop and no the waist and bum are all baggy.
Do you think they'll refund or replace at all?

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 29-Aug-08 17:02:45

I look back a pair of chinos type trousers to Next once.
They were suppoed to be for 'smart casual day' at work and after half an hour sat at a desk were all saggy bum and legs.
I said its not what I expect for a £40 odd pair of trousers. The snotty assistant inspected them (for some reason very carefully in the crotch area blurgh) and told me that her trousers go baggy as well so I should have bought a smaller size. She kept saying there was nothing wrong with them, I just kept repeating louder and louder on a busy Saturday afternoon that they are crap quality fabric and that all my other trousers from Wallis keep their shape.

In the end she threw them at her colleague and spat 'give her a refund'.
I wrote to next who said they should have been taken back with no questions at all, I got sent some vouchers, and the customer services manager said they'd take it up directly with the member of staff concerned as a 'training issue' grin

So go back, give it a go, stand your ground and say that you do NOT expect their goods to lose their shape after and evening spent hanging round outside an off licence (wink) with her mates.

brimfull Fri 29-Aug-08 17:03:24

have just called customer services
if I take them into a store they will inspect said offending jeans ,phone customer service and possibly refund

hopeful then

am talking to myself

brimfull Fri 29-Aug-08 17:04:42

thnks flibberty

will have to wash the vodka out of them wink

FluffyMummy123 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:05:20

Message withdrawn

fizzbuzz Fri 29-Aug-08 18:19:06

Yes, I've takn them back...to Next....and they changed them no questions asked.

However I do agree with buying them slightly small (only very slightly) as they do stretch. Then of course there are always those that don't stretch.....

However most fabrics do give a little bit (apart from nylon)

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 29-Aug-08 23:20:50

Sorry but if I'm a 14 and buy a pair of nicely fitting trousers in a 14 I expect them to keep their shape. I do NOT expect to have to squeeze into a size 12 just in case they 'give a bit' !!

They don't do slight differences in sizes, you either get something that fits or you get something too small. I like my clothes to fit thanks.

brimfull Sat 30-Aug-08 12:32:52

right have just looked at them

she's had them for 2 bloody weeks and the bottoms are already frayed

chances are they won't exchange now,will have to be extra american assertive won't I

brimfull Sat 30-Aug-08 20:18:07

right can i ask your opinion

have washd the jeans inpreparation to take back

dd tried on and they fit nicely

do I get her to wear them for a few hrs as they'll stretch again ?

or not

fizzbuzz Sat 30-Aug-08 20:51:16

Yes, take them back when she has worn them and get them to measure them against another pair, then they can see the stretch.

Almost anything spun will stretch though. The process of spinning makes yarn under tension. This relaxes when subject to pressure (ie being worn), and then tension returns in the wash, as fibres are matted back together briefly.

However fabrics with a higher thread count (cloesly woven somoe expnsive) will hold it's shape for longer

brimfull Sat 30-Aug-08 21:12:37

ok thanks fizzbuzz

brimfull Mon 01-Sep-08 17:03:17

result!!

they gave me cash back-no questions asked

was quite gobsmacked
then took back clarins cream that the top broke and she replaced and changed the shade for me

good day

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 17:03:47

wwhat were they?

brimfull Mon 01-Sep-08 17:29:06

black martha jeans
35 squid

BodenGroupie Mon 01-Sep-08 18:42:01

Does anyone else find that lots of jeans seem to expand so much in one day's wear that you have to wash them before wearing again? To begin with I was convinced I was losing weight really fast...........duh.

platypussy Mon 01-Sep-08 18:56:16

Yes - all jeans with Lycra or elastane (or whatever it is called) do this. It drives me insane. Anyone suggest any brands that dont do this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now