Talk

Advanced search

Difference between a P&T E3 and a Sport?

(31 Posts)
FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:07:27

I am looking to get a 2nd hand one on Ebay but is it worth spending the extra on a Sport model or are they pretty much the same?
What has the Sport got that the E3 doesn't?

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:15:53

Sorry about the bad grammar in the last sentence blush
I meant to say "What has the Sport got that the E3 hasn't"

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:37:10

hmm Maybe there aren't any differences smile Ah well, I'll have a think about it

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 14:39:56

doubles kit reclines on the sport, adjustable handle, not sure what else. I've just ordered a new sport smile

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:41:33

Oh really? it reclines? I just assumed they all did that shock This is quite important to me so perhaps I'll go for a 2nd hand Sport, can't afford a brand new one grin

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:41:57

Thank you for responding BTW smile

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 14:50:03

no the e3 doubles doesn't recline but the sport does, I tried a sport yesterday of another mnetter it was lovley and my boys loved it too!! I was going to get a secondhand one as cheap as poss, but I bought one off ebay last week and had my fingers burnt. decided to sell off loads of baby equipment other prams and buy a new one. i've just ordered. you can get an e3 classic for £280 delivered with doubles btw brand new.

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:55:29

really? hmm Is the doubles seat comfortable enough for a child to sleep in?

samsonthecat Fri 29-Aug-08 14:57:46

Hi the e3 doesn't have mud guards and the sport does. This is really important if you are going off road with it.

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 14:59:27

Do you know where I can get one from? Every website I go on doesn't seem to have them anymore

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 15:20:28

how old are your boys? its worth getting the sport if you can stretch for it but they seem expensive on ebay? I've just paid £389 delivered with doubles, raincover and sleeping bag (or you can have a cocoon) with www.oxfordpramcentre.com

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 15:22:22

they also do the p&t classic for £289 with doubles.

MinkyBorage Fri 29-Aug-08 15:26:46

my e3 has mudguards, but my friend has a sport and it seems better in a lot of small ways, mainly the reclining toddler seat.However, everyone I know with a SPORT HAs VERY STICKY BRakes, worth checking out

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 19:05:42

Oooh, I'm wondering now if I should wait as I don't actually need it until next March when my baby is due.
I'm a Childminder so I use a double at the moment. I have a Quinny 4xl Freestyle Tandem which is very bulky. It's a fantastic double pram which also converts into a single and can carry a Maxi Cosi car seat but the only way to fold it is by taking the 2 seats off which takes up a lot of room in my shed - Also the front seat doesn't go back at all and is bolt upright.
This is why I have decided to sell the Quinny and go for the Phil and Teds for when my baby comes along.
Do you think I should hang on to my Quinny and wait it out just in case the Sport comes down in price? Or shall I grab the E3 bargain now?
Decisions, decisions hmm

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 19:11:03

I could actually get a 2nd hand Sport for the same price as a brand new E3 hmm
What shall I do?

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 19:11:45

no wait. theres always new updated ones coming out. like the new p&t dash is coming out at the end of the year, if this proves popular maybe the sport will come down in price? Pushchairs are constantly changing and getting better, I wouldn't get one now at all wait. I never bought a double at all until after my last son was born as I couldn't choose my two youngest are 18m apart so i had to have one, i've been through 5 doubles in a year!! Im hoping this will be the last. I had to sell all my 'baby' stuff to buy it!

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 19:14:40

Thanks, I'm useless at making decisions, I always get very excited at the prospect of a bargain and get impatient grin I will wait!

Thank you so much for all your help! smile

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 19:16:14

no worries, i might be selling my lovely p&t blue camo by march grin!!

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 19:17:15

oooh, That's the one I LOVE!!! Let me know!

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 19:32:16

ha,ha!! Well watch out next year then on for sale boards! I think I will keep it though, they seem so lovely to push, i live up a big hill and it was the easiest double to push with my 2.8yr old and my 13m old in!

jem1969 Fri 29-Aug-08 19:42:23

Does anyone know if whether you can have a toddler in the bottom seat of a Sport if you have a maxi cosi attached (with the adaptors)? or can you just use the top bit? (Haven't bought any of it yet)

jem1969 Fri 29-Aug-08 19:50:24

Just in case anyone interested, apparently P&T don't recommend having toddler in teh bottom seat if you're using a maxi cosi but according to the reviews on Kiddicare people do with no problems. (Good deals on Kiddicare btw)

FruitynNutty Fri 29-Aug-08 19:51:36

Thanks jem I'll keep it in mind.

LackaDAISYcal Fri 29-Aug-08 19:58:53

I thought the Sport was the updated version of the E3? and I didn't think you could get the E3 new anymore?

I have looked at second hand on ebay and some of the second hand prices are actually more than I've seen the sport advertised new in some places. I think you can get a sport with doubles kit, raincover and baby cocoon for about £350. I'll try and find some links.

We looked at one on toysRus recently and with the maxi cosi attached, the main seat has to be in the flat, newborn position, so I can't see how you could still get a toddler in the lower seat hmm

nicolamumof3 Fri 29-Aug-08 21:22:48

Its called the 'classic' they do now for the cheapest i've seen £279 with doubles. I've seen the sport with doubles cheapest for £344, with raincover for £355 and with all this plus the cocoon or a sleeping bag for £389 pretty good I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now