Talk

Advanced search

Car Seat dilemma Part 2! Britax First class SI or Concord Ultimax?

(4 Posts)
forevared Thu 28-Aug-08 14:06:26

I've been doing some research this morning about which combination seat to get.

The Britax looks the better seat but when I check on the website it's not a great fit for my car and some reviews have said pretty much the same, plus it seems a bit difficult getting lo in and out, lots of bumped heads etc...

The Concord ultimax comes a close second and seems to get better reviews, but I can't pop down to halfords to test the 2 as they only sell Britax! The nearest mothercare store is nearly an hour away!

Basically I need something that reclines as far as possible without any fear of ds2 having his head flop forward, (as was my problem stated in my first post.)

Would really appreciate any opinions from mumsnetters.

allthatglitters Thu 28-Aug-08 19:51:48

The Britax gets really bad reviews from Which.
Concord tend to get much better safety reviews.

kezboosnez Thu 28-Aug-08 21:01:42

have u though of getting a group 1 rear facing car seat then the seat belt doesnt get in the way and u could keep baby rf for as long as u want, rearfacing.co.uk has a lot of good info

theirmum Thu 28-Aug-08 22:04:04

We have the Concord and I love it! to me its alot more safer as Tom seems cacooned in it also you can get it in some really funky covers which is cool also I like the way it fits into the car it comes in two part you attach the back part into the car then clip the seat part on top so the seat belt is the inside the seat! I love mine would recommond

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now