Talk

Advanced search

colouring pencils that don't break?

(14 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 28-Aug-08 14:05:09

Any recommendations? I'm a bit fed up of pencils that break as soon as they get dropped on the floor and end up chucking loads out.
thanks

traceybath Thu 28-Aug-08 14:07:08

i think the lyra colouring pencils are by far the nicest - lovely colours and last for ages with a heavy handed 4 year old

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 28-Aug-08 14:10:23

I've not heard of those, where do you get them? - thanks

Marina Thu 28-Aug-08 14:10:49

Stabilo. Art shops and large stationers.
We have about 25 and the other week was the first time in 4 years I sharpened one and the lead had snapped...
We went the route of selective colouring materials after years of cheaper bulk buys resulted in loads of breakages, dud felt-tips etc
Caran d'Ache are also good but possibly a bit luxe for younger children

Swedes Thu 28-Aug-08 14:12:26

I'll second Caran D'Ache

southeastastra Thu 28-Aug-08 14:13:14

lyra ferby are great we use them at work, sturdy things

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 28-Aug-08 14:14:24

I think I'm going to have to go to the art shop in town then - Partners just don't have a classy range lol!!!
Thanks for the recommendations

Swedes Thu 28-Aug-08 14:16:44

Partners? Do you live somewhere in County Durham?

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 28-Aug-08 14:23:44

No, am in southern england
actually since we got back from our hols it seems to have changed into a Rymans - but old habits....

Swedes Thu 28-Aug-08 14:39:00

Ah. The only Partners I've ever known was in Barnard Castle in Co. Durham.

MilaMae Thu 28-Aug-08 17:39:01

The Crayola ones that came in the Bookstart pack are quite good. We have some Faber-Castell ones which are also good.

I kitted my 3 out with Berol felt tips cost me a fortune but won't ever need to buy any more. Nice colours, they wash out,nibs don't disappear and they don't dry out if the cap gets left off.

nooonit Thu 28-Aug-08 17:49:18

Another vote for Lyra Ferby - lovely lovely crayons (rather excessive description but I DO like my stationery!)Great colours and with being triangular good for little ones to hold 'correctly'.

We've also had some "twist up" crayons - Staples own version in plastic casing. They lasted really well and were great to take out and about with no need for sharpening.

MilaMae Thu 28-Aug-08 17:57:12

We have the twist up Staples ones too. The mini pack is brilliant for travelling, they are really bright colours too.

MilaMae Thu 28-Aug-08 17:57:42

Don't wind them up too far though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now