Talk

Advanced search

Camcorders..i have no idea what to look for!

(14 Posts)
PinkChick Thu 28-Aug-08 09:02:36

HD/SD/DVD???????????????????????????????

Wanting to spend no more than £250 as a joint present, want something small, durable and goodsmile

Any suggestions?

EvelynsDad Thu 28-Aug-08 10:23:09

Don't buy a DVD camcorder. Our Panasonic keeps complaining about errors on the disks. Panasonic say it's fingerprints but I can't see any on the latest one to have a problem. We've lost precious video because it's approach to "repairing" faults seems to be deleting the affected tracks :-(

PinkChick Thu 28-Aug-08 14:40:56

thanks for that tip, sound very unreliable and obv you buy one of these so you can keep the memory!..so would the memory/sd card ones be better???

EvelynsDad Thu 28-Aug-08 16:18:47

Frankly I'm no expert on video equipment, but I'd probably choose a hard disk camcorder these days. Unfortunately I think they're still pricey. At that budget I'd probably buy some sort of digital tape and back it up regularly.

eleanorsmum Thu 28-Aug-08 16:26:01

we've got a sony dvd one and never had any trouble.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 28-Aug-08 16:29:14

Canon mini dv's are really good value.

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 28-Aug-08 19:10:14

http://www.jessops.com/Store/s73624/0/Camcorders/Canon/FS100-SD-and-SDHC-Camcorder/details.aspx?&IsS earch=y&pageindex=1&searchword=fs100&SortBy=RelevanceDESC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=y

Has excellent reviews and £30 cashback offer until end of August. Bought one of these lasr week, its easy to use and very small. Records to memory card.

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 08:54:24

earch=y&pageindex=1&searchword=fs100&SortBy=RelevanceDESC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=y
just c &p it for myself to have a looksmile..thans everyone, dp thingks its not neccesary?, but will look into it as i would like onesmile

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 08:58:09

ooh i really like that Canon one!, canon are a good camera company arent they?..only know them associated with cameras?/ and that £30 cash back sound good, keeping it under £200!smile..as i overestimated on my savings for tax this year, i might just go and be extravagent on myself!hmm..i can use it for work too so can claim a percentage of it back next yeargrinsmile..thanks for that link and everyone elses tipssmile

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 29-Aug-08 10:09:04

Its a fab camcorder, check there are no discount codes to use - I had a 10% code which meant I paid £198 then have just sent off for the £30 cashback so it actually cost me £168 smile

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 12:17:14

ooh fab, is there somewhere i can search for codes like this??..or which did you use?

EvelynsDad Fri 29-Aug-08 13:13:27

Jessops do 3% cash back on quidco.

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 29-Aug-08 17:23:54

Try CAMCORDER5, not sure its still valid but if so is worth 5%. The 10% one was for last weekend use.

PinkChick Fri 29-Aug-08 20:21:50

thanks will try it nowsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now