Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought the new Grobag first duvet??

(12 Posts)
MaggsS Wed 27-Aug-08 14:22:40

Hi,

Have used Grobags for all 3 of my children but now my youngest is going into a cotbed I wondered if anyone had tried the new grobag duvet set and if so how you get in with it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

www.grobag.com/firstduvet.aspx

deeeja Thu 28-Aug-08 00:26:42

No, but I am wondering about this too.
I am also considering getting the snuggle-sac, I think gltc have it.

UmSami Thu 28-Aug-08 00:57:50

Ooooo, now I'm interested too...
Couple of worries though...my son's a wriggler, if he wriggles down the bed - how would he get out from duvet...is there anything to stop them getting stuck?
Also isn't 4/8 tog a bit hot considering max grobag is 2.5 and this still seems to be a bit like a sleeping bag.
Waiting patiently for more info!

MaggsS Thu 28-Aug-08 08:25:30

Hi, I am the same UmSami, have a daughter who wriggles but hoped this would
a. stop her falling out of bed and mean I don't have to buy 2 cot sides
b. look a bit more "grown up" like brother and sister.
Hope to hear from someone who has used one.

amidaiwish Thu 28-Aug-08 08:59:40

i have the snugglesac here it is really good. DD2 is using it to keep her in bed and they both have them for taking to friends houses etc...
free delivery on this site with code KF1ZZ140 smile

shoofly Thu 28-Aug-08 19:26:07

If you get the bump to 3 catalogue - it explains how the tog thing works - basically bigger surface area then higher tog needed- I can't explain it very well but when I read it in the catalogue it made perfect sense - now can't find the catalogue!- from what I understand the duvet zips onto the fitted sheet to keep child in and warm but would love to know what someone who has bought one thinks!

MaggsS Thu 28-Aug-08 21:38:53

Thanks shoofly. Will get the catalogue. Really tempted to buy but would love to know what other mumsnetters think

Seona1973 Thu 28-Aug-08 21:55:32

this is from the bumpto3 website:

Why is the tog rating of the cot bed size duvet different to the tog rating of the single bed size duvet?

Because the size of the cot bed is smaller it automatically retains more heat when the child is sleeping, however, the larger surface area in a single bed means the child only heats the area he/she is sleeping in, therefore, a higher tog rating is required on the single bed size. The single bed size comprises of 2 x 4 tog duvets that popper together giving flexibility to reduce the tog to 4 togs when the nighttime temperatures

Why only 2.5 togs when my winter weight duvet is 12 togs?

A. Health professional guidelines recommend that baby sleeping bags should be ‘lightweight'. Our own research and our mounting body of "parent testimonials" confirm that our 2.5 Tog grobag® baby sleeping bags are ideal for the UK climate. A baby sleeping bag surrounds the baby, providing insulation from both below and above, and also a warm pocket of air around the baby.

Because of the low tog rating grobag® baby sleeping bags also provide a versatility that a higher tog sleeping bag would not allow, and both our 2.5 tog and 1.0 tog baby sleeping bags can be used for the vast majority of the year.

When the weather is very cold, simply add more clothing (this could include a sleepsuit, socks and even a cardigan). When the weather is warmer, or perhaps if your child is unwell, you can remove layers of clothing while still keeping your baby at the right temperature. Never use a duvet or quilt with a baby sleeping bag.

chipmunkswhereareyou Sun 31-Aug-08 22:58:45

I have one! It's FAB!
Ds never falls out of bed, it's really nice cotton, nice design (we have the blue stripey one) and all round great. I imagine if they get to the stage where they don't need it to be zipped down, you can just use it as a normal duvet etc. It's also not quite as expensive as it looks when you consider it takes the place of the sheet + duvet cover + pillowcase.

The only problem is it's a total bugger to get on the bed the first time when you're not yet used to it. I was stuck with it for ages (but I am a bit thick with such things). They could do with adding instructions to the packet as I didn't find it intuitive at all.

Ds did seem to get very hot under the duvet itself so not sure I'd get that given the choice - I think I'd go for a slightly lighterweight one but then ds is a very hot child.

chipmunkswhereareyou Sun 31-Aug-08 23:00:05

p.s. you could use any duvet inside - don't need to buy the specific grobag one as even though it clips onto the duvet inside that doesn't really seem necessary.

MaggsS Mon 01-Sep-08 07:46:27

Thank you so much. At last someone has one.
This is the advice I was looking for.I am going to get one for her, it does sound so good.

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 01-Sep-08 09:50:22

Maggss - I don't think you'll regret it (well apart from the moments when you are trying to get the damn thing onto the bed!!)

They are one of the baby/ kids' products I get a bit evangelical about! I just don't know why they haven't taken off more yet (well maybe the price has something to do with it.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now