Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fiat 500 or Mini Clubman

(10 Posts)
MrsDougRoss Tue 26-Aug-08 17:19:32

I had a mini cooper much loved and missed (Mr Mchenry), was sold to make room room for Dc2. in its place i got a boring Renault Scenic (Betty - as in ugly).

So now i have finished with double buggy and rear facing seats etc, and there will be no more children i am looking to change again and rather fancy the Fiat 500 (may even go for Arbath).

However am concerened about leg room as DC get older. So am toying with the clubman. My first car was a mini traveller so the clubman does appeal. Anyone got any owner stories to help me decide.

DC are 18m and 3yr

NomDePlume Tue 26-Aug-08 17:20:46

MUCH cooler.

Menopause Mini - BLEUGH. Although clubman is nice but I fear it will go the way of the normal new mini.

MuffinMclay Tue 26-Aug-08 19:42:51

Going to watch this with interest. I'm debating getting a 500 or a Mini (but not the clubman - don't like the look of it), or the new Fiesta.

500 looks cooler, imo, and is cheaper. Mini is probably better to drive and faster though.

NigellaTheOriginal Tue 26-Aug-08 19:46:35

used to dream of a mini but am now hankering after a 500. lovely. will be requesting one for christmas but will probably get a knitting pattern.

MrsDougRoss Wed 27-Aug-08 17:24:28

the thing is i really want a quick car with haracter and while a golf size car would be better, i can not find a car that size that i want. Muffin the thing about the mini is that the internal sapce is less than a 500. The mini is fasrer (unless you go for the Arbath fiat, more expensive though)

MuffinMclay Wed 27-Aug-08 21:02:04

Realistically, could you fit 2 dcs in the back of a mini? I'd be planning on keeping this car until ds1 was about 8-10 years.

I don't need any boot space at all.

MrsDougRoss Wed 27-Aug-08 22:01:09

I think it would be a struggle because of the bucket seats, but it depends on age of DC and the size of car seats. The fiat was good because it was a bench seat and DC could just climb in. Best to take the DC in a test drive

champagneSupernova Wed 27-Aug-08 22:07:22

My 500 (luigi) is fabulous but tis a bit of a struggle getting DS (5mo) in the back (have to get in back with him to strap into seat).
Fair amount of legroom
Deffo has character - opposite of a porsche - everyone lets you out in front of them! grin

champagneSupernova Wed 27-Aug-08 22:07:23

My 500 (luigi) is fabulous but tis a bit of a struggle getting DS (5mo) in the back (have to get in back with him to strap into seat).
Fair amount of legroom
Deffo has character - opposite of a porsche - everyone lets you out in front of them! grin

MrsDougRoss Thu 28-Aug-08 10:17:35

cool name, is he yellow? Is your DS still in rear facing? Hoping as mine are forward facing that they will be easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now