Talk

Advanced search

Who knows about mobile phones? Dd1 wants one for her birthday....

(4 Posts)
TooTicky Tue 26-Aug-08 14:43:15

She will be 12, and about to start travelling to and from school by herself, so I think it is probably a good idea.

Can anyone recommend a good one? It must be PAYG, not too expensive, and dd1 would quite like one with a sliding front.

Thanks smile

TooTicky Tue 26-Aug-08 22:39:36

Anybody?

crunchynutter Tue 26-Aug-08 22:58:36

hi. Have you looked at carphone warehouse or somewhere with her? They have good websites and I know you can get some decent cheap girly pink ones! Im sure my SIL has one that she said was £70 when I told her I liked it!

Personally I think having a mobile can teach independance and budgeting as it can be tempting to call or text their friends ALL the time! However, many schools (including the one I work at) have now banned mobiles from school and will confiscate as there have been increases in phone related crimes on buses etc. I would just have a word with your daughter about keeping it hidden as much as possible. It is a sad fact that pay as you go can be so easy to steal! Good luck! Xx

TooTicky Wed 27-Aug-08 15:52:51

Thanks crunchynutter - I found one online in the end for £9.95 smile
Isn't it awful that there is so much phone crime!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now