Talk

Advanced search

Anyone going to Ikea soon? local store has run out of trays for antilop highchair and I need one.

(16 Posts)
Norfolkbumpkin Tue 26-Aug-08 13:58:49

We bought a lovely red Antilop highchair from Lakeside Ikea yesterday but they had run out of trays. It was a 2 hour journey for us in the car so I am wondering if anyone out there is going to Ikea soon and would be able to get a tray for me and post it? I'll obviously pay for postage/packing.

ShittyCatsLawyer Tue 26-Aug-08 13:59:06

none on ebay?

midnightexpress Tue 26-Aug-08 14:00:01

Bother - I was at ours this morning!

Sorry, that's not much help, is it?

Norfolkbumpkin Tue 26-Aug-08 14:12:01

I've looked on ebay but everyone is selling chairs complete with trays, not trays seperately.

FlightAttendent Tue 26-Aug-08 14:15:33

I want to go soon but is a proper day trip from here...I don't know when though. Need some curtains! Why they don't deliver smaller stuff I don't know.

SoupDragon Tue 26-Aug-08 14:18:21

I can go to Ikea easily and they're apparently in stock (in white. do they come in different colours?)

Norfolkbumpkin Tue 26-Aug-08 14:37:17

They only come in white (thought it was a bit of a shame that they didn't come in colours to match the chairs, but then I thought the tray will turn a mushed-up food colour within minutes anyway!)I can send the money through paypal if preferred.

SoupDragon Tue 26-Aug-08 14:40:17

Let me see if I can get one first

Norfolkbumpkin Tue 26-Aug-08 15:08:48

No worries. Sorry for the delay in responding, dd was sitting on my lap and I couldn't figure out why my trousers felt wet. I was so engrossed in mumsnet matters I forgot to put a nappy on when I changed her bum an hour ago......blush

EyeballsintheSky Tue 26-Aug-08 15:49:40

I can always pop over if no one else can. I'm obsessed with the place. Even risked a hotdog the other day!

SoupDragon Tue 26-Aug-08 16:44:52

[snigger]

Mission accomplished. I need to wrap/weigh it to work out the postage

EyeballsintheSky Tue 26-Aug-08 18:19:23

Soupdragon you don't fancy posting me a four drawer malm chest of drawers do you. It's too heavy for me and they want £35 to deliver it! Next only charge £3.95!! shock

SoupDragon Tue 26-Aug-08 18:23:00

I suspect Royal Mail might want even more

Sadly I can't wait in for those cheap couriers because of school runs etc.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 26-Aug-08 18:57:55

Oh well it was worth a try <<joking>>

I'll have to think of something to bribe DH with. He'd rather hack his head off than go to Ikea!

Norfolkbumpkin Tue 26-Aug-08 20:45:24

Blimey Soupdragon, that was quick work! You must live super-close. (The kind of close I'd like to be is living in a campervan in the carpark during the summer months grin)

SoupDragon Tue 26-Aug-08 21:17:25

About 10-15 minutes away. Too close perhaps!

Email me on iamsoupdragon at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now