Talk

Advanced search

Safe - and cheap - teeth whitening?

(5 Posts)
CherryRipe Tue 26-Aug-08 12:45:20

All of those years of coffee and red wine have finally taken their toll and my teeth are yellowing. My dentist said that it was just ageing shock
Is there such a thing as safe (and effective) teeth whitening at a reasonable price?
Has anyone had it done? Any horror stories?
Any advice or experiences much appreciated.

southeastastra Tue 26-Aug-08 12:46:30

have you tried just visiting the hygienist a few times? mine always look so much whiter afterwards

CherryRipe Tue 26-Aug-08 20:15:44

Yep. I visit the hygenist 6 monthly and my teeth are still a cream colour. She tells me that my teeth are fine and that I just need to accept that they change colour with age. I could get the whitening done at the dentist's but it's VERY expensive, hence why I'm wondering about cheap 'at home' products.
grin

clumsymum Tue 26-Aug-08 20:20:27

if it's safe its not cheap, if it's cheap it's not safe.

BitOfFun Tue 26-Aug-08 20:20:38

I've used a brand called maxbrite over the net - about 20 or 30 quid and brilliant results. Read about it at the time and seemed safe enough if only done occasionally (i.e. a few nights at a time once a year or two) - can't see how that would make 'em drop out anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now