Talk

Advanced search

which satnav?

(7 Posts)
PerkinWarbeck Mon 25-Aug-08 18:34:54

I am a hardened driving-phobic. We're moving out of London, and my new job is essential car user sad.

DH has suggested that I get a SatNav, as half of my panic is seems to be caused by having no sense of direction. Obviously, not being a driver, I don't know what to look for. Any ideas?

MatNanPlus Tue 26-Aug-08 12:40:18

We have a NavMan S70 and we are happy with it, it is slim enough to slip into a paocket which is great when out walking in a new area

cmotdibbler Tue 26-Aug-08 14:28:57

I have a TomTom 720, and use it at least a couple of times a week to drive to places I have no idea about getting to for work purposes (and this is all over the country). Its great - the mapping and instructions are super clear, and it also acts as a hands free bluetooth set for the mobile. I also like that it has things like stations, hospitals, petrol stations preloaded so that you can find them easily if you need to make a diversion.

PerkinWarbeck Tue 26-Aug-08 15:51:38

Thank you both! I will check these out tonight.

mistlethrush Tue 26-Aug-08 15:56:03

We've got a Sirius one - I've experienced the TomTom and prefer ours on the basis of better camera recognition and telling you what the limit should be when you're approaching and beeping if you're going too fast. Sad but necessary blush after I couldn't find a site and went through same speed camera twice in 5 mins in what I thought was a 40 zone which turned out to be 30 (no residential properties, crossing points or anything around for pedestrians I hasten to add - I think that they probably just needed the revenue)

OneLieIn Tue 26-Aug-08 15:58:45

Indago is rubbish, don't buy one.

AbbaFan Tue 26-Aug-08 16:04:45

I have this one

Very happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now