Talk

Advanced search

Good baby bouncers - helpful for getting baby to sleep??!

(5 Posts)
mumeroo Mon 25-Aug-08 14:15:41

Have had a look in mothercare at the basic kind (baby bounces or you) and the seemingly flasher kind that vibrates (quite a lot - which surprised me - rather like a back massage chair!) Anyone recommend one please? We didn't have one for our first but I'm thinking this could be very useful. We had our eye on the Fisher Price Kick and Play as it has a detatchable bit for exciting baby but also a calming motion. Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions.

shhhh Mon 25-Aug-08 14:19:42

imo baby bouncers are a waste of money and space.

the ones we had for dd and passed onto ds was only really used for the first few weeks as a place to put them while I did something else iykiwm..the lo's never slept in them and tbh I wouldn't want them to...if I wanted them to have a nap I would put them into their cot.
Get a play mat for them to be active on.

HensMum Mon 25-Aug-08 14:31:16

I kind of agree with shhhh. We had a very basic bouncer for DS and it was useful for sitting him in when I had to do something but he never, ever slept in it and I didn't really want him to as I prefer him to nap in his cot.
We also had a swing from Mothercare that was a huge waste of money. We hoped it would soothe him when grizzly but it really didn't! And the music was vile.

Best advice would be to see if you can borrow one from a friend or get one on Freecycle. Some babies really like that kind of thing and some don't and you don't until the baby is born.

lauraloola Mon 25-Aug-08 16:55:01

My dd has a vibrating chair. She hated it when she was born but is now 11 weeks old and loves it! She loves sitting in it with her toy bar - More then being held!

We bought her a cheap £12 one from Mothercare for when she was younger as she prefered to be bounced - My mum now has it at her house.

amidaiwish Mon 25-Aug-08 17:11:11

both my DDs loved this chair and my nearly 3 year old still uses it to sit and watch TV / bounce gently in

expensive but i think has been worth it

baby bjorn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now