Talk

Advanced search

Baby Millie and Baby Annabel - are they any good?

(14 Posts)
BlueCornflower Sun 24-Aug-08 22:29:15

I am thinking of buying my DD one of these for her 5th birthday in a few weeks as she has asked for one. When I researched them, people seem to be saying that Baby Millie from the Early Learning Centre keeps breaking and Baby Annabel version 4 keeps needing new good quality batteries.

Which of these sort of dolls do you think are best? People recommend Baby Annabel 3 but that doesn't seem to be around any more. My DD already has a couple of small baby dolls but seems to want a larger one.

Recommendations please!

onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Aug-08 22:30:51

Baby Annabel may drive you mad with its whinging and crying...grin

Don't know about Millie sorry.

madrose Sun 24-Aug-08 22:37:29

we have annabel 3 - dd has loved it and love it for the last two years.

the noise is a nuisance - switch it off grin

onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Aug-08 22:40:00

madrose I have been traumatised affected by a friend's dd who pretended that Annabel doesn't have an off switch (I was naive, I know) - the noise was like being tormented.

grin

BlueCornflower Sun 24-Aug-08 22:45:09

Um - so should I try and find a doll that doesn't cry, or is that missing the whole point of what little girls want?

onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Aug-08 22:47:16

I think that is the point tbh, but I hate them. We have an American alternative given by a relative and it only cries if its hand is squeezed. Annabel seems much more realistic and cries loads.

BlueCornflower Mon 25-Aug-08 14:10:22

Anyone else got any opinions? Are they just too annoying? Are they always breaking?

BlueCornflower Mon 25-Aug-08 20:13:21

Anyone else????

onepieceoflollipop Mon 25-Aug-08 20:24:36

Little bump for you Cornflower after my negative opinions. wink

tortoiseshell Mon 25-Aug-08 20:30:15

Dd has a baby Annabel, though not sure which version. Think was bog standard special offer in Woolworths!

Tbh though, her favourite baby doll is a smaller one, which her grandma knits clothes for. Doesn't do anything except be dressed and undressed. But she loves it!

MilaMae Mon 25-Aug-08 21:08:40

We have Annabel 3-fab!!!!!!! Have only replaced batteries once and she gets a lot of abuse(dd3 has 4 year old twin brothers).

DD was just given the John Lewis version out of the blue by a family friend. It's good but the cry really traumatises me, it's horrible and very realistic. You can't feed it with water though.

Have to say I've been in ELC several times and seen Millie replaced with a new one as broken.

My dd is hankering after Chou Chou with the teeth-the boys call it the vampire doll- hideousgrin.

madrose Mon 25-Aug-08 21:10:57

onepieceoflollipop - the off switch is the only reason that doll has survived in this housegrin

Hulababy Mon 25-Aug-08 21:18:30

We have a Baby Annabel, mark 2. DD got it when she was 20 months old and adored it. It is still going strong and DD is 6yo now. We also have a Baby Born, but I was less impressed with that, think DD was too TBH, although it was handy as it could go in the bath.

We have only put in new batteries into Baby Annabel in all that time BTW.

BlueCornflower Mon 25-Aug-08 22:03:18

I don't think you can still buy Annabel 3 though, can you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now