Talk

Advanced search

the new baby jogger city mini double pushchair

(12 Posts)
bethoo Sun 24-Aug-08 21:55:26

has anyone got this or used it? i am looking into getting either a narrow double or a p&t.
i hear the double is under 30 inches wide and was wondering if there is any more info someone could give me, is it a good buggy as there are no reviews as yet i can find on net.
thank you

JoyS Sun 24-Aug-08 22:11:46

Lots of reviews on amazon.com (us site), most of them positive. Would love to get the mumsnet verdict!

bethoo Sun 24-Aug-08 22:17:17

will have a look. is cheaper than p&t.
anyone out there??

bethoo Mon 25-Aug-08 18:41:35

bump

Pippinella Mon 25-Aug-08 21:10:05

I have seen one in the flesh at kiddicare.
Its not quite as mini as it sounds, the wheelbase is quite long, but it certainly is narrow, and seems really nice to push as all the wheels have suspension. The hood is fab, it extends really far and the seats look comfy. It is really easy to fold up too.

I would have one!

If you do any kind of rough terrain walks though, consider the next model up, the City series, its the same width (but lots heavier, about 16kgs) but has pneumatic tyres, and an adjustable height handle.

bethoo Mon 25-Aug-08 23:38:18

i have no idea where kiddicare is.

accessorizequeen Tue 26-Aug-08 11:16:33

Try posting in multiple births as well, I'm sure someone had just ordered one for their twins or people may have had a look at one. I saw a single today, really impressed with it and dp & I considering buying the double. The fold is brilliant, the easiest I've ever seen on a buggy (same with the double, just need two hands). The weight is also impressive, less than a maclaren at 10.5kg
Width is 73.5 cm (28½" at the widest point).

bethoo Tue 26-Aug-08 11:28:44

thanks, i cant seem to find one anywhere as MOthercare do not stock it and really want to have a hands on look befoire committing though it is cheaper than new p&t!

accessorizequeen Tue 26-Aug-08 13:08:59

Yes, I'd rather have a look before buying too! Why not try the baby jogger website, email them and see if there are stockists in your area?

bethoo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:16:34

thanks that is an idea!
cant be long for you now since twins are usually born 37 weeks.
are you ready and prepared as can be? smile

accessorizequeen Tue 26-Aug-08 13:27:12

Um, no, really panicking as we haven't finished lots of things e.g. nursery, bought new car, buggy not here yet (we bought a Mountain buggy off ebay but wanted something for the car too). I'm about ready for them to arrive though, 35 weeks tomorrow and the side of a house!
Hope all better with ds's dad and stress less? Haven't had time to get over to the October group lately.

bethoo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:30:50

i am sure you look fine! iam down to rotating three pairs of trousers!
get your bum down to the thread, it is quiet at the mo.
thanks for helping me bump this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now