Talk

Advanced search

compact digital camera

(7 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Sun 24-Aug-08 21:43:43

I have a digital SLR camera but I would like a compact digital that is not as bog and also less valuable, so I can take it to the beach. I also like to take candid shots of dd so the size would allow me to carry it around in my bag, at present I am using my camera phone but is only 3mp and the pictures are not great.

Any recomendations.

twinsetandpearls Mon 25-Aug-08 13:17:19

bump

RustyBear Mon 25-Aug-08 13:46:48

I'd have a look at the Panasonic Lumix range - I have the DMC LZ6 which has a 6x opticsal zoom & up to 7mp. It's a year old now, but there are newer models which go up to 10mp

serin Mon 25-Aug-08 18:33:17

I use a Hitachi 8mp for out and about, have had it for about 3years now and its great.

twinsetandpearls Mon 25-Aug-08 19:41:43

will look those up, I think I have read a recommendation for the panasonic lumix actually

lubyluby Mon 25-Aug-08 19:49:54

canon ixus 70, we have a larger more valubale camera that is a professional one (can;t remmeber which its dh's) but we brought ds1 a compact one and on the recommendation from the salesperson in john lewis. he took pictures with all the cameras that we liked in the price range we were looking to spend and the canon ixus 70 gave far superior pictures to any of the other brands, including panasonic, fuji, kodak and quite a few others.

I thought it was a good price too at £149. i actually prefer using it to dh;s swanky one, as it really is point and shoot, and ha options for things like black and white pics etc. can;t recommend it enough.

twinsetandpearls Mon 25-Aug-08 19:51:27

My slr is a canon and I am over the moon with it, will have a look at that as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now